Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR22-11563 Apply View Saved Jobs
The Global Sourcing Manager will initiate and lead strategic sourcing projects to reduce Total Cost of Technology Ownership (TCO) and drive value for business divisions across SPE and its subsidiaries. The ideal candidate will have strong strategic sourcing/procurement experience, analytical, communication, and collaboration skills. We are looking for self-motivated and high energy individuals who will support the new vision of the Strategic Sourcing and Procurement organization.
- Lead the identification and execution of sourcing strategies across spend category services to reduce TCO and deliver savings for SPE, its established subsidiaries and newly acquired entities.
- Strategy / Opportunity Assessment: Leverage spend data and insights gathered from business stakeholders to assess areas of opportunity within key category areas – including the assessment of integration opportunities between SPE and acquired companies.
- Lead RFP, RFQ, and RFI: Support business stakeholders in supplier selection and bid evaluation processes, including collecting requirements, managing bidder communications, and analyzing bid responses. Develop and manage Requests for Proposals, Quotes, and Information.
- Lead Negotiations: Develop negotiation strategy and lead negotiation process. Negotiate enterprise-wide agreements that minimize financial and business risk exposure and provide optimal value from deals.
- Baseline Spend and Report Savings: Quantify the baseline value of goods and services being sourced, the value of negotiations, and the final change in the total cost of ownership.
- Manage relationships with internal SPE stakeholders – across business units & subsidiaries – and coordinate sourcing strategies, opportunities, and requirements with other Sony entities.
- Proactively meet with internal and acquired company stakeholders and develop trusted relationships.
- Develop and present the business case and cost/benefit analysis to stakeholders.
- Provide procurement support to internal clients.
- Collaborate with other stakeholder groups such as Legal and Risk Management.
- Manage external supplier relationships and agreements.
- Develop and manage supply base in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with acquired company stakeholders to support the transition to SPE preferred suppliers and to onboard critical net-new suppliers where necessary.
- Evaluate and measure supplier performance.
- Serve as a resource to resolve issues and problems.
- Lead cyclical and ad-hoc supplier business reviews.
- Maintain operational knowledge of market rates and help benchmark against leading firms.
- Leverage industry associations, peers, and stakeholders to identify and implement category best practices.
- Proactively identify and recommend category strategies.
- Partner with Sourcing Category Teams to identify and track opportunities related to the onboarding / integration of newly acquired entities
- Support the development and implementation of a comprehensive M&A Sourcing Integration Playbook that lays out repeatable processes that accelerates integration of acquired entities. Drive 90-day Sourcing integration process for newly acquired entities – including spend analysis, stakeholder interviews, opportunity identification and execution.
- Align with peers on a standard Sourcing support model for newly acquired entities and develop a roadmap to support transition from integration phase to “business as usual”.
- Candidate must have demonstratable corporate sourcing experience in various spend categories: professional services, technology, content distribution, media production, corporate services and travel.
- Candidate must have experience in negotiating both domestic and international IT agreements.
- Track record of delivering significant and measurable savings in a large, complex, and fast-moving organization.
- Experience in Media and Entertainment, or Technology-based Industries.
- Candidate must have strong category management knowledge, including but not limited to opportunity identification, spend analytics, sourcing strategy, project management, RFx processes, contract negotiation, supplier benchmarking, contract compliance, and procure-to-pay processes.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects; must be detail-oriented and highly skilled in time management
- The candidate must be a self-starter who can work independently and proactively identify potential areas for sourcing.
- Hands-on mentality and pragmatic approach with strong collaboration attitude and team play.
- The candidate must have demonstrated:
- high personal integrity and ethics
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
- ability to interact with senior leaders and demonstrate a professional presence
- ability to effectively interface with senior-level client relationships
- Ability to negotiate strong pricing, business and legal terms and draft them into contracts with minimal legal support.
- Ability to look beyond existing paradigms and change the organization according to new business concepts
- Ability to influence others and to act as a change agent within their department and company
- Intermediate (at a minimum) knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Finance or Business required
- CPM/CPSM or other similar certifications preferred
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”