Manager, Technology Sourcing
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR22-10539 Apply View Saved Jobs
Manager of Technology Sourcing will initiate and lead strategic sourcing to reduce Total Cost of Technology Ownership (TCO) and improve business efficiencies. The role will work primarily with IT and other Technology-using functions to procure products and services across all SPE business units globally. The ideal candidate will have substantial experience in strategic sourcing and procurement of Technology products and services.
The Manager will work with the Director and peer Managers in the strategic sourcing and contracting of Technology spend, including IT Hardware and Infrastructure, IT Software and Applications, Telecommunications and Network, and cloud solutions.
This role will lead large and complex strategic sourcing initiatives across multiple business units and reduce TCO – from developing the opportunity to planning and executing projects.
- Lead sourcing strategies in various technology products (hardware, software, network, and telecom), services (application development & maintenance and help desk), and cloud solutions categories to reduce TCO and deliver savings.
- Market Research: Proactively monitor and understand the market and identify opportunities resulting from new product offerings and/or market shifts.
- Lead RFP, RFQ, and RFI: Support business stakeholders in supplier selection and bid evaluation processes, including collecting requirements, managing bidder communications, and analyzing bid responses. Develop and manage Requests for Proposals, Quotes, and Information.
- Lead Negotiations: Develop negotiation strategy and lead negotiation process. Negotiate enterprise-wide agreements that minimize financial and business risk exposure and provide optimal value from deals.
- Baseline Spend and Report Savings: Quantify the baseline value of goods and services being sourced, the value of negotiations, and the final change in the total cost of ownership.
- Manage relationships with internal SPE stakeholders and coordinate sourcing strategies, opportunities, and requirements with other Sony entities.
- Proactively meet with internal stakeholders and develop trusted relationships.
- Develop and present the business case and cost/benefit analysis to stakeholders.
- Provide procurement support to internal clients.
- Collaborate with other stakeholder groups such as Legal and Risk Management.
- Manage external supplier relationships and agreements.
- Develop and manage supply base in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Evaluate and measure supplier performance.
- Serve as a resource to resolve issues and problems.
- Lead cyclical and ad-hoc supplier business reviews.
- Maintain operational knowledge of market rates and help benchmark against leading firms.
- Leverage industry associations, peers, and stakeholders to identify and implement category best practices.
- Proactively identify and recommend category strategies
- Candidate must have a minimum of 4-6 years of corporate procurement/purchasing/sourcing or similar experience.
- Candidate must have experience in negotiating both domestic and international IT agreements.
- Track record of delivering significant and measurable savings in a large, complex, and fast-moving organization.
- Experience in Media and Entertainment, or Technology-based Industries.
- Experience with Ariba and SAP preferred.
- Candidate must have strong category management knowledge, including but not limited to opportunity identification, spend analytics, sourcing strategy, project management, RFx processes, contract negotiation, supplier benchmarking, contract compliance, and procure-to-pay processes.
- Familiarity with various Technology concepts such as cloud computing, licensing models, hardware asset management required.
- The candidate must be a self-starter who can work independently and proactively identify potential areas for sourcing.
- The candidate must have demonstrated:
- high personal integrity and ethics
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
- ability to interact with senior leaders and demonstrate a professional presence
- ability to effectively interface with senior-level client relationships
- ability to negotiate strong pricing, business and legal terms and draft them into contracts with minimal legal support.
- ability to logically manage issues and conflicts with suppliers
- ability to influence others and to act as a change agent within their department and company
- ability to learn and quickly develop subject matter expertise
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Finance or Business required
- CPM/CPSM or other similar certifications preferred
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”