Marketing Manager, Growth - Funimation
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10624 Apply View Saved Jobs
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for tens of millions of people around the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader, serving a passionate fan community whenever, and wherever they want it. We deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films, events, retail, merchandise and, of course, the Funimation subscription app,
which is available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is high-energy and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed, with top talent from across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming and entertainment. With over 400 employees in 6 countries, Funimation is rapidly expanding. Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan’s Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc. To learn more about Funimation, visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
We are looking for a Marketing Manager to join our Growth team as we expand to new global markets. The ideal candidate will have extensive Performance Marketing experience in buying and optimizing user-acquisition and retention strategies against LTV based product / revenue models.
The Marketing Manager will specifically be responsible for setting up and scaling new non-search or social acquisition channels while maintaining day-to-day media budgeting operations. The role will work on international territories in Australia / New Zealand and LatAm. The manager will also be supporting current Growth team members as we continue to advance global measurement, optimization and creative strategies.
The role is based in our Culver City office, with intermittent travel to Dallas and other locations.
- Execute buying optimization strategies across non-search or social channels
- Setting up new channels for efficacy testing based on various measurement models
- Lead day-to-day channel operations for budgeting and creative rotation
- Assist with media buying experimentation in regards to creative optimizations
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams on optimizing media mix and creative messaging
- Be a thought leader in each channel and provide strategic POVs relative to business strategy
- Effectively communicate daily and weekly scaling opportunities to Growth management teams
- Proven experience as a performance marketing lead 7+ years of experience, preferably in Entertainment (streaming content) or E-Commerce industries
- Experience in managing multiple channels (5+) with varied KPIs and measurement solutions
- Has been able to manage substantial monthly budgets and effectively grow incrementally
- Successfully executed User Acquisition scaling strategies across non-search or social
- Keen eye for creative optimization solutions and testing opportunities
- Extensive knowledge of core digital buying platforms; auction/bid and targeting strategies
- Proven ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Finance, Communications or related field
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and ongoing employee development.
*Funimation Global Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."