Mgr Business Development, Funimation
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR19-11553 Apply View Saved Jobs
The Manager will be a member of the Funimation Bus Dev (BD) and Partnerships team and help drive business development activities. You will oversee new and existing deal opportunities from initiation, negotiation, closing and continued account management. As the subject matter expert on each partner, a successful candidate will develop individual revenue and subscription growth strategies for each distribution partner that are informed by Business Intelligence and Industry knowledge. You will work with different function groups within the organization across Business Intelligence, Audience Development, Licensing, Brand, Product Support, Legal and Finance groups to define partner revenue generation and co-marketing strategies and oversee implementation. You will participate in the development and ongoing refinement of the Funimation Direct-to-Consumer Service distribution strategy globally together with the Executive Director of BD and Partnerships.
- Lead new initiatives that are high impact for Funimation’s Direct to Consumer Streaming Service - FunimationNow
- Work with the Executive Director, Distribution to identify, develop, negotiate and close strategic global business deals with current/new partners and present opportunities to senior management
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal marketing teams, business intelligence, product, project management, finance and legal to coordinate and execute partners' programs/opportunities
- Craft business terms and take leadership role in deal negotiations
- Develop robust financial models for deal analysis to determine structure, support proposals, and influence negotiations for launching new services
- Identify and research emerging market trends, develop strategic frameworks and create supporting analyses to prioritize company resources
- Present business proposals and updates to stakeholders up to the Executive level
- Develop and report on KPI's relative to the Business Development activities
- Develop and improve relationships with platform partners
- Schedule and drive quarterly reviews with platform partners for various revenue generating and marketing engagements
- Research and analyze industry/market trends, new business opportunities using various research sources and forecast methodologies.
- BA / Graduate degree a plus
- 5+ years of experience overall
- Superior relationship skills, including the ability to work with international teams
- Experience in digital media, Internet, technology or gaming industries preferred
- Knowledge of digital entertainment, including distribution models, platforms and types of content
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, including data analysis and financial modeling
- Prior experience within digital media, technology, gaming, consulting or investment banking is a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to author and deliver presentations
- A love for Anime is a plus
- Strong computer skills, including expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."