Mgr Consumer Insights/Brand Lead, TV Research
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10774 Apply View Saved Jobs
Manager, Consumer Insights/Brand Lead
Join Sony Pictures Television Research Team and be an integral part of the premiere independent TV studio which produces iconic TV series worldwide for all platforms, across all dayparts and within all genres. Amid a rapidly changing landscape of viewer options, Sony Pictures Television is expanding its content offerings, and needs key players with a knack for storytelling and passion for TV.
The TV research group is a dynamic group of multi-talented insights experts and researchers. We represent the voice of the consumer to several stakeholder teams within Sony Pictures TV, such as Development, Current Programming, Marketing/PR and our iconic roster of show creators. We are seeking a Manager, Consumer Insights/Brand Lead to join our team. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Programming Research, this role is part of the team responsible for managing primary quantitative and qualitative research projects across the TV studio.
Responsibilities include managing and conducting consumer research, providing comprehensive and actionable insights and serving as a liaison between SPT and the consumer by championing and sharing insights, helping drive a consumer-centric culture and ensuring insights are an integral source of decision making within the organization.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Custom Primary Research
- Manage TV title research including, but not limited to, IP evaluation studies, concept studies, pilot testing, comprehensive in-season and post season viewer studies, program brand health studies, market positioning & creative asset testing, commercial/promo testing, IP expansion studies.
- Manage research projects from inception to completion, including development of methodology, project goals, questionnaire development, programming, deployment, analysis and presentation/story development.
- Conduct both quantitative and qualitative research, including 1-on-1 interviews, group moderation, and ethnographic observation.
- Manage external suppliers from sample design and programming to data collection and reporting.
- Design, build and present final reports to key stakeholders that bring the insights and stories to life.
Research Brand Lead
- Function as a research brand lead for select Sony TV titles by being the “face of research” to internal stake holders on any research aspect of one’s show.
- Work among multiple stakeholders in order to identify broad strategic and finite tactical questions for key television titles. Coordinate and lead brainstorm sessions and workshops to ideate around business objectives, consumer insights and application of findings.
- Collect and analyze data from multiple sources (audience measurement, syndicated, primary, etc.) in order to synthesize and develop a cohesive story, enabling key stakeholders to make informed decisions.
- Work in tandem with internal research team audience measurement experts to analyze and communicate relevant information regarding one’s brand title.
- Present findings to Sony’s development, current programming, marketing/PR, and merchandising teams, as well as to program creators, writers, producers and directors.
- Emphasize turning consumer insights into actionable recommendations. Present and socialize findings throughout the organization to ensure visibility and integration among various stakeholders.
- Manage expectations of internal clients as it relates to project timelines, budgets and deliverables.
- Build and maintain relationships with research counterparts from other divisions of Sony Pictures Entertainment, external vendors, and broadcast, cable and SVOD clients.
- Stay abreast of current trends and new techniques in the field of market research.
- Stay informed about the evolving television and content creation industry.
- Respond to time sensitive requests from internal clients.
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in related field (research, social sciences, marketing, business, etc.) is required
- An MBA, or advanced degree in anthropology, statistics, sociology, behavioral economics or social psychology is a plus
- 4 to 5 years relevant work experience on the supplier or client-side.
- Having worked in TV broadcast, cable, and SVOD research is strongly preferred.
- Solid project management skills and experience, including questionnaire design, data analysis and report writing.
- Strong multitasking capabilities and the ability to work effectively in an environment of tight deadlines and constant change.
- Ability to make clear and convincing presentations to stakeholders and executives, and express written ideas, thoughts, or facts in a clear, convincing, and organized way.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexible personality, quick learner and a strong, pro-active work ethic.
- Must be able to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Computer literate with proficiencies in MS Suite, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Moderate to advanced statistical software skills (e.g. SPPS, etc.)
- Comprehension of audience measurement methodologies (e.g. Nielsen, etc)
- Confident, self-motivated, and detail oriented.
- Analytical thinker who enjoys problem-solving.
- Strong business acumen.
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for innovation.
- Organizational savvy, with the ability to “read a room.”
- Compelling storyteller.
- Willing to challenge traditional thinking.
- Superior social, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Strong builder of relationships and trust.
- Passionate consumer of pop culture content – TV, SVOD, movies, graphic novels, books, etc.
- Familiarity with the brands and franchises of Sony Pictures Television.
- Comfortable with large sets of data, but equally happy to moderate a focus group of five consumers
- Not afraid to speak up and support one’s research findings
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."