Manager, Engineering Development and Operations - Funimation
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10160 Apply View Saved Jobs
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for tens of millions of people around the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader, serving a passionate fan community whenever, and wherever they want it. We deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films, events, retail, merchandise and, of course, the Funimation subscription apps, which are available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is high-energy and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed, with top talent from across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming and entertainment. With over 400 employees in 6 countries,
Funimation is rapidly expanding and looking for passionate, innovative leaders to join our team. Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between Sony Pictures Entertainment US, and Aniplex JP, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment Japan, Inc. To learn more about Funimation, visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Funimation is looking for a self-motivated, passionate Development and Operations (DevOps) EngineeringManager to join our Consumer technology team to help scale Funimation’s OTT/ SVOD platform. Successful candidate for this role would have worked in engineering organizations creating and supporting CI/CD processes to promote Agile software development, has a strong customer focus, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
- Design, implement, and administer platform tools to support release of software products with AWS
- Manage, innovate, and create processes, software and tooling that continuously improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency
- Embed efficiency into Solution Architecture and Development practices
- Responsible for building metrics and drive operational excellence.
- Work with teams in creating processes and tools to ensure the software release pipeline flows smoothly, safely, and efficiently.
- Architect enterprise-grade solutions using AWS services.
- Build and manage CI/CD workflows and complex system integration
- Instill and foster DevOps and SRE culture to entire engineering team.
The minimum qualifications & requirements for this position include:
- 10+ Years in areas of engineering operations - Software Release Management, Disaster recovery and Devops)
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps Architecture, cloud provisioning and performance monitoring
- 5+ Experience with containerization (ECS or Kubernetes), Serverless and running Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Ability to work at all points in the product development pipeline, including being a hands-on contributor
- Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems.
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools, such as Splunk.
- Strong development experience in one of the following; Python and Java (preferred), PowerShell, Ruby, Bash.
- Working knowledge of databases and system performance.
- Experience growing and building highly effective teams.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."