Mgr Engineering Dev Ops - Funimation (Dallas or Los Angeles)
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10160 Apply View Saved Jobs
This role could be in either LA (Culver City) or Dallas (Flower Mound).
Funimation, a Sony Pictures Television Networks Company, is the go-to destination for extraordinary anime. By combining its integrated in-house studios along with its technology and distribution partnerships, Funimation leads the industry with its omnichannel approach to offering anime to fans – from streaming and home entertainment to theatrical distribution and broadcast television. The company’s next generation streaming service, FunimationNow, provides subscribers with instant access to their favorite sub and dub shows in ad-free HD on the widest array of devices and platforms – from smartphones and tablets to TV’s and gaming consoles.
Funimation is looking for a self-motivated, passionate DevOps EngineeringManager to join our Consumer technology team to help scale Funimation’s OTT/ SVOD platform. Successful candidate for this role would have worked in engineering organizations creating and supporting CI/CD processes to promote Agile software development, has a strong customer focus, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
- Design, implement, and administer platform tools to support release of software productswith AWS
- Deploy, monitor, analyze, and respond to issues with software releases ensuring speed, and efficiency.
- Tune and automate systems and applications, including load/stress testing for software delivery.
- Embed efficiency into Solution Architecture and Development practicesResponsible for building metrics and drive operational excellence.
- Work with teams in creating processes and tools to ensure the software release pipeline flows smoothly, safely, and efficiently.
- Architect enterprise-grade solutions using AWS servicesUse your strong background of AWS Cloud services, patterns, container technology, monitoring, telemetry and logging and experience in Cloud migration projects
- Build and manage CI/CD workflows and complex system integration
The minimum qualifications & requirements for this position include:
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps Architecture
- 4+ Years to experience with AWSMicroservice Deployment experience
- 3+ Experience with containerization (ECS or Kubernetes), Serverless and running Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation)Experience identifying and effectively deploying backup/recovery
- Ability to work at all points in the product development pipeline, including being a hands-on contributorFamiliar with monitoring tools like New Relic, Prometheus, Splunk, orELK
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."