Mgr Licensing & Merchandising, Funimation
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10100 Apply View Saved Jobs
Funimation is looking for a Licensing Manager to join our team. We are looking for a motivated account manager to help grow our global licensing and merchandise business. You will be responsible for driving licensing revenue, and growing market share for our brands across multiple categories. You will help execute business development opportunities and own key partner relationships across licensees, retailers and licensors.
The ideal candidate will have a background in consumer products and entertainment licensing across multiple categories. This person will work closely with and collaborate with the Licensing product development team, as well as cross-functional groups including marketing, finance, and home entertainment. The Licensing Manager will also work with licensors and licensees to align on creative design and product development, and work with retail partners to execute programs.
Core Responsibilities Of This Position Include:
- Maintain existing licensee, licensor and retail relationships
- Develop and grow new partnerships and expand licensee base
- Pitch, negotiate and execute licensing contracts
- Develop and recommend licensing, marketing and retail strategies for multiple categories and brands
- Identify new business opportunities in emerging categories including digital, mobile games, experiences
- Partner with our DTC eCommerce team to bring unique and exclusive merchandise to our online store and convention experiences
- Own P&L and revenue targets for assigned brands
- Maintain and update revenue forecasts
- Direct licensees on royalty statements, budgeting and projections
- Collaborate with licensees, licensors and product development team to release products that are on-brand and meet consumer and retail demands
- Own licensee and retail relationships
- Develop business presentations including pitch materials, business performance updates and plans
- Research and understand competitive landscape. Analyze and understand market trends, consumer trends, retailer and industry needs
Minimum Qualifications And Requirements For This Position Include:
- Computer Proficient: Office, especially PowerPoint, Excel; Photoshop a plus
- Bachelor's degree + 3-5 years related experience, or MBA with 1-2 years of related experience
- Passion for retail and products
Desired Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Strategic and analytical thinker – ability to think of the licensing business holistically and through the financial, marketing, creative, retail and fan lens
- Ability to market and sell brands
- Initiative and highly motivated - has an entrepreneurial spirit and proven track record of achieving/surpassing goals and revenue targets
- Experience writing business and strategy plans
- Ability to analyze and present financial data for business presentations
- Highly organized with strong follow through and time management skills
- Energy Level: Positive energy level and enthusiasm for licensing; must have the willingness to learn and improve; ability to lead and collaborate
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize
- Must be flexible to change, a creative thinker and problem solver, and accustomed to working in teams as well as an individual contributor
- Ability to anticipate issues, be proactive and problem solve
- Excellent and professional communication skills (spoken and written)
- Familiar with pop culture and entertainment; passion for anime a plus
- Console and mobile gaming interest a plus
- 2+ years of managerial experience
Funimation, a Sony Pictures Television Networks Company, is the go-to destination for extraordinary anime. By combining its integrated in-house studios along with its technology and distribution partnerships, Funimation leads the industry with its omnichannel approach to offering anime to fans – from streaming and home entertainment to theatrical distribution and broadcast television. The company’s next generation streaming service, Funimation, provides subscribers with instant access to their favorite sub and dub shows in ad-free HD on the widest array of devices and platforms – from smartphones and tablets to TV’s and gaming consoles.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."