Physical Production Trainee, SPT - Summer 2023
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR23-10385 Apply View Saved Jobs
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Trainee program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This type of opportunity will jump start your career and prepare you for a career in the desired field. This Spring Trainee position is from May/June through December 15th and all candidates must be able to work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday in the specified location. This is not a remote role. A hybrid work option may or may not be available.
Work with SVP and Director of Production to help support one-hour drama productions.
- Maintain production paperwork for multiple series:
- Call Sheets- Daily
- Prelim & Finals PR
- Staff & Crew Lists
- Scripts & Revisions (collate scripts)
- Production Schedules/Calendars
- Answer & roll calls.
- Set up meetings.
- Arrange “To Be Approved” and show paperwork as needed (hard copy and digital).
- Create Pilot & Season binders.
- Learn how to navigate Scene chronic.
- Review and become familiar with the Production Manual and its policies.
- Assist in putting together weekly paperwork emails for approval, which includes timecards, box rentals, and petty cash reimbursements.
- Assist in filling out POs for offices: paper, office supplies, etc.
- Assist in the process of setting up new offices which includes: searching for office space, furniture, and equipment rentals, setting up accounts for phones and internet, starting the paperwork, etc.
- Assist in preparation of production office files/boxes for storage: Records Transfer Lists.
- Strong computer skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Proactive and a positive attitude
- Takes responsibility and ownership of tasks
- Positive attitude
- Excellent oral (professional and friendly demeanor) and written (spelling, punctuation, grammar) communication skills
- work well with others
- Discretion and integrity
- Prior experience in television, preferably a television production
- Education: B.A., B.S. or equivalent experience
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”