Post Production Intern, Motion Picture Group- Spring 2020
Culver City, CaliforniaREQ ID JR19-11526 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to http://www.sonypictures.com
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot. This Spring Internship is from January through end of May and all candidates must be able to work between 15-29 hours a week (flexible based on school schedule).
The Post Production team oversees and manages the post process for all Columbia/Tristar feature films within the Motion Picture Group. From establishing the budgets that control production workflows for camera and sound on set, through the editing process, to its final delivery, the post team works very closely with the creative executives and filmmakers to ensure the look and sound of the film is at the highest quality. The post process includes picture editorial, sound, visual effects and music. Additionally, our team is responsible for providing quality-controlled content and technical support for special events, previews, and premieres.
- Attend weekly post production/production staff meeting to discuss the post status on all shows
- Help with the daily function of the office; answer phones, file, assist the coordinators, etc.
- Post Facilities Tour (Sound Mixing Stages, Foley stages, ADR Stages and Scoring Stage)
- Shadow Post Executives on their projects
- Attend Final DCP (Digital Cinema Package) screenings for quality check purposes.
- Attend voice-over (ADR) sessions with our loop group actors on various projects.
- Assist with organizing and scheduling voice-over sessions.
- Assist with the assembly and distribution of contracts for voice-over actors
- Learn how to create post production schedules
- Learn to write purchase orders
- Attend a Color Timing (DI) session at Deluxe
- Discuss screenings and the process of setting up DCP screenings
- Discuss PIX, VUE, screeners, and Aspera as it relates to viewing and sending post material.
- Review delivery schedules and requirements.
- Create a workflow chart that illustrates how the post process works.
- Learn the latest technology, cameras, lab process, and sound formats
- Highly organized, resourceful and dependable with excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure in a voluminous deadline-oriented department.
- Must be willing to take and follow directions
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Must be flexible – an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to much revision
- Common sense, dependability, discretion and attention to detail are required
- Bachelor's degree in progress and a preferred interest in Editing/Sound/Color/Post
- Computer and technology literate – familiarity with Mac/PC operating systems and hard drive formats, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Passion and interest in a career in Production
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."