Procurement Operations Specialist
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10109 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Entertainment Procurement is a very dynamic and key contributor across the studio and is comprised of the following integrated teams: Strategic Sourcing, Alliances, Business Transformation & Operational Excellence, Supplier Diversity, and Travel. All teams collaborate to help guide the businesses to preferred strategic suppliers and/or established buying channels to drive compliance to procurement and business strategies. This department is full of fast-paced, highly energetic individuals that thrive on making a difference to the company.
Procurement Operations Specialist reports to the Executive Director of Procurement Operations in the SPE Procurement department. They will be the face and voice to our business stakeholders, building relationships in each interaction. The Specialist will help our stakeholders in Production, Post-Production, and Distribution (PPD) maximize the benefits of our purchasing tool to facilitate a global exchange of goods and services in the world. They will guide the business to preferred strategic suppliers and/or established buying channels to drive compliance to procurement and business strategies. They must possess an ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment and still meet business performance measures, including timelines for procurement activities. This role is anticipated to start with a focus on supporting PPD but will grow to support sourcing efforts for all SPE lines of business.
- Daily review of all assigned/authorized requisitions for goods and services for Catalog, Non-Catalog and Blanket Purchase Order to ensure requisitions are accurate and free of errors or omissions
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with business stakeholders and suppliers
- Ensure agreed upon SLAs and rates are managed according to SPE’s Procure to Pay Process
- Assist the business stakeholders to ensure that all rates are vetted/captured in a timely manner
- Understand savings and operational targets and work towards a plan to deliver on targets
- Ensure goods and services procured meet expectations/business requirements
- Effectively communicate both oral and written resolution of issues with business stakeholders and user community
- Proactively identify, recommend and implement efficiencies and process improvements
- Build and maintain an accurate and detailed distribution services rate catalog
- Identify and execute Benchmarking/Spot Buying opportunities for selected spend commodities
- Build reports monitoring the daily workflow of requisition/purchase order information and dept. savings
- Participate in the execution of assigned special projects as required
- Be proficient in all relevant policies and procedures
- Effectively articulate and enforce policies as they pertain to processes, procedures, product standards, and receipt of tangible goods.
- Supportive of a positive work environment
- 3-5 Years in Procurement or Supply Chain utilizing an ERP environment
- Preferred experience interfacing with Production, Post-Production and Distribution suppliers
- Experience in reviewing vendor contracts, supplier maintenance, building and maintaining supplier catalogs
- Resourceful self-starter with the ability to retain complex information and shift with team goals
- Strong analytical mind with excellent customer service and able to present complex ideas orally and in writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in entertainment industry
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."