Product Manager, Mobile Games - Anime
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR21-11115 Apply View Saved Jobs
As a product visionary & leader the Product Mgr, Mobile Games – Anime will work closely with Product Owners, Development Teams, UI/UX Designers, and Live Ops Managers to create outstanding game experiences that optimize franchise retention and monetization metrics. The PM will report to the Mobile Anime Lead and support across the Anime games portfolio, interacting with all the partner studios and functional experts to drive business impact throughout new and existing titles. Specifically tasked with improving game performance and monetization, the role involves synthesizing insights from product analysis, industry competition, promoting features and best processes, driving adoption across the portfolio, and reporting back to the business. A successful candidate will have a passion for games, anime, and pop culture, and can quickly become a trusted partner in helping SPT Games realize economies of scope/scale.
A successful candidate has a passion for evidence-based product & business analysis, embraces being held to the highest standard of accountability, and can quickly become a trusted partner in helping SPT Games realize economies of scope/scale.
- Analyze a variety of game features and systems such as live ops events, sales & offers, storefront design, tutorials, level progression, and social features to drive revenue and retention
- Oversee feature development, working with a cross-functional team, including design, art, UI/UX and engineering to develop, release, and maintain the features in-game.
- Own timely execution and quality of the product through the entire development cycle, which directly impacts the product and monetization strategies.
- Formulate product strategy and create engaging game mechanics and core game loops
- Track and report on retention, monetization and progress against budget across the portfolio of anime games.
- Synthesize insights from internal and external intelligence sources to establish actionable requirements for product implementation
- Operationalize insights by partnering closely with studios to capitalize on high-value growth opportunities
- Create and track A/B tests to maximize KPIs on individual games and across entire portfolio.
- Attribute business impact through regular measurement and reporting of best practice adoption
- Inform product strategy across the portfolio, effecting change to drive economies of scope/scale
- Maintain a centralized library of data, analysis, and requirements as a resource for the team
- Raise visibility of insights & requirements by contributing to regular team communications
- 3-5 years of experience managing or analyzing top grossing free-to-play mobile games
- Extensive experience leading a PM function in social or mobile F2P games, ideally managing a live game with strong Social / PvP elements.
- Deep understanding of free-to-play game systems, economies, currencies, and balance
- Deep understanding of F2P gacha gameplay and economies
- Experience synthesizing quantitative product analysis with other sources of business insights
- Experience operating Asian F2P games for the U.S. market a plus
- Knowledge of Anime IP and trends a plus
- Asian Language Skills a plus
- Ability to create wire-frames, product specifications, and white papers
- Self-starter who can work autonomously and take ownership
- Expert written and verbal communicator
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills; Tableau experience and ability to write queries for SQL database preferred
- Can organize, clarify, and communicate complex ideas quickly, succinctly and accurately
- Familiarity with App Annie, Sensor Tower or similar analytics services
- MBA or Graduate Degree in Economics or Mathematics a plus.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”