Production Audit Manager
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10449 Apply View Saved Jobs
The Manager Production Audit performs finance and compliance audits for Motion Picture Group, ensuring domestic and foreign productions adhere to Sony policies and procedures, making sure best practices are adopted across all films. Position is also responsible for managing the film procurement card program and assists with union payroll audits, third party financing audits, SOX compliance audits and Post ‘60s residual payments.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist the Audit Director with SOX audit compliance and with the high volume of compliance and payroll audits for the industry guilds (SAG, DGA, WGA and IATSE), internal audits and third-party financing audits. This includes pulling the audit requests, researching and refuting the audit findings.
- Perform audits for motion picture productions worldwide, including maintaining and updating the audit program
- Manage compliance with production finance policies. This includes daily interactions with freelance production staff and studio finance executives answering policy questions from all productions.
- Manage the procurement card program for motion picture productions including setting up the procurement card account for each production, handling all requests for issuing, cancelling cards, limit increases/decreases, access to Amex @work and CAR and any issues with the cards.
- Review residual deliverables completed by the production accounting teams to ensure residual delivery documents are prepared according to requirements and completed proration calculations.
- Maintain and update the MPPF policies and procedures manual and respective accounting and wrap forms.
- Handle ad hoc projects to support litigation, legal, tax and labor departments with production related claims. Assist in preparing analysis for Labor Relations during union negotiations.
Education, Years of Experience, Specialized Knowledge or Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration.
- Minimum 3 years of external and/or Internal auditing experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and processes.
- Entertainment industry experience preferred
- Proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of production accounting systems (Global Vista, PSL3) is preferred.
- SAP financial system experience is preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work and remain detail oriented
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."