Program Manager - Funimation
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10156 Apply View Saved Jobs
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for tens of millions of people around the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader, serving a passionate fan community whenever, and wherever they want it. We deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films, events, retail, merchandise and, of course, the Funimation subscription apps, which are available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is high-energy and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed, with top talent from across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming and entertainment. With over 400 employees in 6 countries, Funimation is rapidly expanding and looking for passionate, innovative leaders to join our team.
Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between Sony Pictures Entertainment US, and Aniplex JP, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment Japan, Inc. To learn more about Funimation, visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
We are a dynamic and growing company seeking a talented and motivated Program Manager to join our team in our Los Angeles office or remote. Program Manager is responsible for the coordinated planning, prioritization, management and execution of projects that are directed toward the achievement of the strategic plan and business/organizational objectives. The Program Manager aids in identifying, evaluating and developing methods and procedures that are efficient, effective and meet good business practice. This individual maintains excellent communication with all levels of management both within and across organizations to ensure smooth running of all projects undertaken by the team.
The Program Manager is responsible for project management of enterprise projects, AGILE/LEAN methodology and instilling a culture of strong LEAN/project management principles throughout the organization.
The candidate will have a proven ability to influence for results and successfully work in an environment that fosters collaboration. The individual will need to be well versed in diplomatic skills as a large part of the role will require working with people from a diverse range of functions and with varying motivations and beliefs.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
- Responsible for developing, planning and executing strategic initiatives and other large-scale technology projects
- Responsible for successful delivery of projects from conceptual stage through to launch including timelines, tasks, and reporting
- Oversee the day-to-day progress of project(s) and release initiatives with regard to schedule, , scope and quality
- Building and leveraging effective alliances across technical and business community
- Serves as a key liaison with the rest of the functional groups and business facilitating planning, prioritization and collaboration between groups
- Facilitating / leading Agile Ceremonies (standups, iteration & release planning, retrospectives)
- Works with minimal supervision and is responsible for applying Agile project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations
- Create appropriate and standardized documentation for projects including project charters, project plans, work breakdown estimates and related activities
- Harness the metrics coming from the team and product owner both to help the team improve its own throughput and also to inform executives about how the teams are conforming to value
- Effectively demonstrate ability to use an Enterprise Project Management tool to drive a consistent and accurate process for executing projects, delivering status, managing capacity, tracking projects-programs, and managing project budgets
The minimum qualifications & requirements for this position include:
- 5-7 years of work experience at a Project or Program Manager role, preferably in a fast-paced technical consulting or software development environment
- Strong interpersonal management skills, with a demonstrated ability to make effective decisions while working through complex personality, program, and business interest related issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with offshore development teams
- Experience leading cross-disciplinary, cross-functional projects to drive business process change affecting multiple business units
- Demonstrated success managing large projects and change management efforts, with the ability to define, communicate and implement the strategic direction of the business
- Must be self-motivating, self-sufficient and have the strong ability to work effectively as an individual or as part of a team.
- Proven ability to work and communicate effectively under tight deadlines, in high-pressure situations and in a team-oriented environment to work well under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change with a strong awareness of cultural diversity
- Process oriented, good at identifying and implementing best practices, and very organized
- Agile experience and Project Management Institute certification (PMP) preferred
- Scrum Master Certification preferred
- Strong leader capable of motivating and energizing the very best quality engineers, as well as gaining their respect
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and other related tools
- Expertise in Agile Management tools such as JIRA or similar tool
*Sony Pictures Entertainment/Funimation is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."