Programmatic Manager, Performance Media Group
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR21-10534 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures has been successful in evolving it’s approach to media and marketing, building a best-in-class data foundation and launching an in-house Digital Media Buying team. Over the last 2 years, this team has been entrepreneurial at its core: laying the foundation of new internal marketing functions while growing and evolving to support the needs across Sony’s Theatrical business. As our landscape has changed, so have the needs of the business, which has led to the expansion of the performance media function. Today this group activating campaigns for many groups under the Sony umbrella, including Home Entertainment, Television, and Distribution. The incoming members are expected to have start-up mentality (ambitious, hands-on, etc.) – and a desire to build the future digital-first workforce of Sony Pictures.
The Performance Media Manager will be responsible for the strategic management of 1-2 channels in a performance media campaign, this includes developing platform and audience tactics, managing daily budgets, presenting campaign and technology updates to the larger group, and developing insights and analytics. The ideal candidate must be able to work well within their respective performance pod, collaborating on performance tactics and developing junior team members (direct reports). The Manager will experience great success in this position if they are:
- Detail-Oriented, with an ability to manage complex budgets, audience tactics, and reports across multiple campaigns and business units
- Multi-Dimensional, individual will need to be both analytical and a creative problem
- Passionate about Media and Technology, role will require the candidate to present findings and new opportunities, candidates must have a strong point of view
Campaign Planning: The Manager will be responsible for planning and managing performance campaign executions (1-2 Channels) for Sony Theatrical,Home Entertainment, and Television releases. He/She will also work directly with the strategy teams (internal and agency), acting as the primary point of contact for performance media planning, creative asset delivery timelines, and all relevant campaign/billing documentation in preparation for campaign launch and post-campaign wrap-up.
Campaign Setup and QA: The Manager will be responsible for delegating setup tasks (to Performance Media Associates) & QA-ing in-platform campaigns before launch, ensuring campaigns are error-free and compliant with all Sony PMG best practices. He/She will work also work collaboratively with the Associate(s) and provide support and guidance across campaign setup & execution workstreams. On the data front, the Manager will help to strategize with internal and external teams to ensure a team is employing a unique and effective approach 1st party data.
Campaign Management and Optimizations: The Manager will be responsible for optimization decisions for all Sony Media performance campaigns, often daily, as performance concerns & optimization opportunities are bubbled-up by Associates in-console. In addition, he/she will monitor audience performance data analysis and actively optimize across platforms while measuring performance and recommending further opportunities to drive performance.
Analytics and Reporting: The Manager will manage a daily tracker to monitor all pacing / performance changes & optimizations. He/She will create weekly and post-campaign performance reports for the Sony Media team, which will provide analysis, insights, and some visualization. Manager will be asked at times to share these updates in large executive meetings. The Manager will also collaborate with the internal data science team to ensure all testing initiatives are set-up and measured appropriately so valuable creative and media insights can be gathered by end of test/campaign.
Billing Responsibility: The Manager will coordinate billing tasks between Associates on the team, and work with internal finance team(s) to provide monthly approvals & per-campaign actualization reports.
People Management: The Manager will actively mentor Associate members and provide guidance, QA support, etc., across job functions mentioned above.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years of experience
- Experience in working with digital audience platforms
- Programmatic: DV360, TradeDesk, AmazonDSP, Verizon
- Social: Facebook/Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest
- Search: Google, Bing
- Experience in working with Excel (e.g. PivotTables, Pivot Graph, Data Table, etc.)
- Experience in other MS Office products like Word and PowerPoint
- Digital media/marketing landscape – with a focus on addressable media
- Hands-on executional experience with planning and managing paid social and programmatic activity across performance platforms a plus.
- Biddable media planning, strategy and optimization techniques
- Programmatically bought paid social experience desirable
- Experience with DoubleClick and other 3rd party tracking solutions required
- Analyze and interpret large amounts of data
- Proficient in Excel with an analytical thought process
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and maintain strong attention to detail
- Develop work processes for junior team members to follow from campaign start to finish
- Articulate complex tech-related issues and educating ranges of audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-function teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
- Develop best practices and contribute to SPE knowledge sharing effort
- Work under pressure and with short deadlines across multiple teams with fragmented, vertical (title-by-title) priorities
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”