Project Manager, Supplier Responsibility
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR22-11692 Apply View Saved Jobs
Please note: Sony Pictures Entertainment is based out of Culver City, CA. This is a full-time remote position.
Within the Supplier Responsibility team, the Project Manager will manage projects from start-to-finish, supporting outreach engagements, event management, and communication initiatives. Be responsible for delivering quality outcomes within budget and timeline, while meeting expectations of project goals and business adoption. Lead initiatives that include adoption of strategic project management practices, tools and data enablement, and team coordination.
Manage projects and support a Supplier Diversity, Sustainability & Ethics Program for Sony Pictures:
- Support SPE’s Procurement and Travel Team integration of diverse suppliers and sustainable procurement into existing and new frameworks.
- Execute project plans, budgets, and strategies for the SPE Supplier Diversity and Sustainability programs.
- Report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as requested and provide reporting support to measure program success.
- Manage the tools and processes required for a successful project execution, including data enrichment, being mindful of budget and fiscal year cycle.
- Manage projects and events leveraging SPE standards, related processes, and tools to support strategic alignment and KPIs, to include supplier communication, payments, and logistics support
- Support development of business cases, project scoping, project alignment, and process documentation to ensure clarity and accountability to deliverables
- Partner with key stakeholders, maintain effective working relationships, and provide timely updates on project progress
- Manage and escalate project risks and issues as needed, anticipate needs, and formulate solutions and in general respond to the variability involved in any project
- Facilitate project kick-off, necessary analysis, lessons learned, board updates, and the integration of work from multiple work streams to deliver project success
- Ensure that all deliverables and commitments meet quality standards and expectations
- Guide projects in consideration of organizational change management implications and organizational impact, considering communication, stakeholder management, training, and adoption
- Identify ways to leverage knowledge and insights from key partners
- Partner with Sourcing Operations teams to ensure that projects have a robust service delivery model
- Draft various communication assets as to facilitate various project and promotional activities.
- Be open and willing to engage flexibly and collaboratively across the team.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Sony Pictures or customer-specific
- Use an open and collaborative approach to working with strategic partners across the business
- Manage or participate on cross-functional teams and serve as liaison for internal groups.
- 4+ years of experience in project management with the ability to coordinate activities at a global level.
- Track record of excellent relationship building skills
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Change management experience
- Ability to partner, influence, build strong relationships, and communicate at all levels of the organization
- Strong flexibility, agility, and adaptability to change
- Experience in working closely with Senior Management/Executive Level
- Empathy, vulnerability, and care for others
- Analytical skills
- Microsoft Office Suite skills including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook (including experience with pivot tables, data analysis, databases, etc.)
- Undergraduate Degree (Required)
- Administration/Business/Finance/Human Resources related degree (Preferred)
- Project Plus Certification (Recommended)
Attributes for Success:
- Highly motivated and able to think clearly under pressure
- Strategic thinker
- Effective communicator
- Organized and effective multitasking
- Team focused
- Learn quickly and apply knowledge
- High personal integrity and ethics
- Effectively manage relationships
- Make decisions quickly and effectively
- Logically and tactfully manage issues and conflicts
- Able to influence others
- Flexibility to learn and to work across a variety of commodities
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”