Projects & Analytics, EHS/Medical Trainee Summer/ Fall 2023
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR23-10179 Apply View Saved Jobs
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Trainee program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This type of opportunity will jump start your career and prepare you for a career in the desired field. This Summer/Fall Trainee position is from May/June through December 15th and all candidates must be able to work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday in the specified location. This is not a remote role, though some hybrid work may be available.
The Sustainability Department is comprised of three groups: Corporate Environmental Health & Safety (EHS), the Medical Department, and the Sustainability Program. This role will specifically support the EHS and Medical teams. These teams provide oversight of all safety and medical services for SPE’s corporate population, ensure environmental compliance across the facility’s operations, operate the ISO 14001 and 45001 systems, and provide onsite health, wellness, first-aid, and case management services.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter who is adept at planning, problem-solving, fostering cooperation among disparate teams, and has a passion for keeping people safe and well. Candidates should have strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated skills in managing multiple tasks.
- Enhancing the lot-wide AED program by developing and implementing an automated system to monitor AED devices and the supporting equipment
- Coordinating the medical and safety training including CPR/AED and First-aid classes. It will include managing the training calendar, enrollment, and issuance of certifications.
- Assisting with the digitization and automation of documents and processes within the medical and safety departments. Processes may include: location productions, case management, and general clinic visits
- Developing robust documentation on the medical clinic’s current state processes to support the optimization of the clinics' electronic medical record system; additionally, identifying opportunities for improvement with current processes
- Tracking attendance, completion of knowledge transfer worksheets, and meeting compliance requirements through SPE’s safety training program (in-person and virtual). It will include monitoring compliance with industry safety training
- Aligning medical and safety’s methods of tracking injuries and subsequent investigations so the departments have a single source for data and analysis
- Supporting critical functions to maintain ISO certifications such as compiling data related to environmental and safety metrics
- Supporting employee engagement activities with the Sustainability team
- Performing all other tasks in support of inspections, investigations, and compliance-based activities as needed
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a team
- Excellent oral, organizational and written communication skills
- Interest and skills in problem-solving, creative thinking, and handling a variety of tasks
- Adept in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (Visio and SharePoint also helpful)
- Knowledge of environmental health and sciences and/or occupational health
- Experience working with regulatory agencies
- Experience working in corporate and/or industrial settings
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”