Senior Analyst, Finance Transformation
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR22-10858 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Entertainment is looking for a Senior Analyst to help drive the transformation of the finance function across all SPE Business Units and functions including Motion Pictures, Television, Networks, Corporate Functions, Development, Marketing, and Distribution. Reporting into the Finance Transformation team, this individual will take a key role in working across a portfolio of projects, driving analytical capabilities across the company, assisting with building analytical solutions to be used by finance, and preparing cross-divisional executive updates. This individual will have the opportunity to apply business and financial expertise, interact with senior executives, partner with technology and operations teams, design new processes and approaches, and contribute to the Finance organization’s strategic direction.
The Senior Analyst will play a key role in supporting the transformation of the global Finance function at Sony Pictures by: analyzing and enhancing the impact of proposed and ongoing initiatives; identifying new analytical approaches to solving business issues and delivering insights; providing data analytics to support the finance function; identifying, understanding, and highlighting risks and dependencies for transformation projects; identifying and promoting additional projects that improve the Finance organization; and developing reporting views and dashboards both against project progress and broader financial metrics. Specific responsibilities of the Senior Analyst may include:
- Understanding current financial analyses and developing more insightful and more efficient approaches
- Building out recommendations on incremental data that could be used to inform financial analyses
- Owning the cost/benefit and other models that examine the economic impact for finance projects
- Mapping and assessing current state of teams, systems, and processes, aiming to identify pain points and inefficiencies
- Designing more streamlined and value-added go-forward processes
- Leading meetings with key stakeholders to drive projects forward
- Creating dashboards to share progress and insights with executives
- Ongoing presentation of findings to senior management, making recommendations based on analysis and trends
- Supporting individual projects with data analysis needs
- Conducting ad hoc analyses at the request of senior executives
- Excellent modeling skills are essential
- Expertise with multiple analytic tools and demonstrably high technological aptitude: advanced Excel is a must; experience with SQL, R, Python, VBA, SAP BPC, PowerBI, Tableau, Alteryx, etc. a plus
- Proficiency in developing and presenting PowerPoint decks.
- BA/BS degree in an analytics discipline required, a degree or substantial coursework in business, accounting, or finance a plus
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an analytical role, such as in an investment bank or management consulting firm
- Must have strong quantitative analytical skills and be able to think strategically
- Demonstrated ability with time management skills with ability to handle multiple priorities
- Independent problem-solver with the ability to understand second order implications of work and probe more deeply when presented with inconsistent or interesting findings
- Detail oriented, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to interface and demonstrate sensitivity effectively at all levels of an organization
- Extraordinarily high level of motivation and commitment to working diligently and overcoming obstacles to continually add value to the team.
- High level of focus on work quality and attention to detail
- Great team player, willingness to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”