Senior Analyst, OTC, Global Finance Operations
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR22-10697 Apply View Saved Jobs
Position: Senior Analyst, Order to Cash (OTC) – Cable and Syndication Ad Sales
Division: Sony Pictures Television
The Global Financial Operations Order to Cash Team is seeking a Senior Analyst to manage Accounts Receivable for our ad sales business. The Senior Analyst will work closely with customers and several internal departments to ensure timely collection of open accounts receivable balances and prepare accurate financial and management reports, including cash forecasts and budgets. They will also need to be a change agent, responsible for improving processes and procedures to maximize efficiency.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Establish positive relationships with customers for National Ad Sales, Digital, and Promo accounts to ensure timely collections.
- Manage the cash in advance process by ensuring that pre-payments are received prior to campaign start dates. Prepare manual reconciliations for customers.
- Interface closely with Sales personnel as well as customers and internal departments to resolve invoice discrepancies to ensure timely payments.
- Prepare and distribute Accounts Receivable (A/R) aging data using SAP.
- Update A/R Aging report on a daily basis with cash receipts and customer contact changes to aid in collection efforts.
- Identify areas for continual process improvement and streamlining of duties.
- Monitor proper allocation of cash receipts and assist the Cash Application team by providing and/or obtaining supporting documentation from appropriate sources.
- Research customer payment patterns and provide trade experience.
- Assist with identification and reporting of unapplied cash receipts.
- Provide trade experience upon request to Credit Associations.
- Participate in Credit Association meetings and submit reporting when requested.
- Manage the refund process by communicating with the client, analyzing the data, gathering backup, collecting the vendor package from each client, obtaining appropriate approvals and processing the refund in the system.
- Assist in the handling of cashback requests due to under-delivery. Update cashback tracking sheet and collect all outstanding receivables related to cashback prior to approving a refund.
- Perform thorough credit analysis on all new accounts by preparing a credit assessment package that includes analyzing data from credit agencies, financial institutions, trade references and various websites.
- Update and maintain hundreds of credit files.
- Organize data by maintaining the log that tracks credit applications received, credit limits set for each customer, and letters of guarantee received.
- Determine the credit worthiness of the agency and advertiser associated with each deal and communicate the answer to Sales.
- Maintain the credit status of all customers in Dealmaker.
- Review financial condition of all on-going customer accounts every 2-3 years to mitigate risk.
- Track latest business and trade news for possible impact on SPTAS (e.g. at-risk companies, bankruptcy announcements, general advertising trends).
Month End Processes
- Prepare reports for all 3rd party shows and SPTAS Digital sites for month end revenue accrual entries.
- Analyze cash receipts by selling title.
- Prepare in-show ad unit and cash report.
- Generate month end aging for each line of business.
- Prepare Cable Valuation report to assign value to cable units and deliver to Participations.
Third Party Statements
- Review and approve the portion of the third-party statements prepared offshore and complete the package for payment processing.
- Manage statement processing to ensure that approvals are timely to avoid any delays that would cause a breach of contract.
- Review and interpret new third-party contracts and create new statement templates based on contract details.
- Provide instruction and guidance to the offshore team when there are amendments to the contracts. Assist in developing efficiencies in statement preparation to ensure on time delivery to Home Office.
- Interact with third parties, answering questions and providing additional information as needed.
- Compile necessary documentation and reporting for ongoing audits by the guilds and outside participants.
- Provide in depth explanations on Ad Sales processes to Participations and Residuals who will report findings to the Auditor.
Assist in creation of the cash budgets and forecasts. Explain any monthly cash variances between forecast and actuals. Manage cash flow, especially at the end of the fiscal year, to ensure that cash goals are achieved.
The candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and multi-task. The position requires strong critical thinking and analytical skills, with meticulous attention to detail. The position also requires strong written/verbal communication skills. Entertainment or ad agency experience a plus. Preference will be given to candidates that have collection experience and/or a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or related field from an accredited four-year university. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, is required. Experience with SAP is a plus.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”