Senior Analyst, Participations Reporting
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10089 Apply View Saved Jobs
The Senior Participations Analyst is responsible for preparing, processing, and issuing statements to third party participants related to TV and New Media products. The Senior Analyst, in particular, focuses on abstracting agreements and preparing first-time statements in the PAWS system for Legal and Business Affairs approval. The Senior Analyst is also the lead on converting existing statements to the Department's new reporting system, PAWS. This conversion process also includes training Analysts and management on system functionality.
- Abstracting agreements, setting up participant statements in PAWS for reporting, analyzing production costs, and performing interest calculations.
- Converting existing statements, particularly complex deals, to PAWS for future preparation cycles.
- Analysis and research of activity in various systems, including SAP.
- Administrative tasks such as payment requests and processing statements for mailing.
- Communication with business units and participants.
- Training staff on PAWS, the existing legacy system, and various research tool.
- BA/BS degree preferred
- 1-3 years of experience
- Knowledge of Finance and accounting principles, Participations Reporting, particularly as it relates to the Television line of business, contract analysis, finance systems.
- Skills in reading and analyzing agreements with focus on terms related to third party reporting requirements; building statement models in the PAWS system based on contractual analysis; oral, written, and listening skills; SAP, OPUS, and PAWS (PARIS) knowledge and understanding; Office applications, with strong or advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently; prioritize own workload, consistently meeting deadlines; identify and resolve data issues, contractual conflicts, and roadblocks, sharing knowledge and guidance with analysts; serve as a mentor and trainer for the PAWS system.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."