Senior Analyst, Residuals
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10802 Apply View Saved Jobs
The Senior Analyst/Residuals brings extensive knowledge of collective bargaining agreements (US and International), with a specific emphasis on setting up, calculating, and paying residuals. The role involves preparing residuals estimates for business units, cast list setup review, review and approval of triggers and payments, cash flow and ultimate forecasting and analysis, breaking timecards, and talent inquiry / guild claims research and resolution. The Senior Analyst works with the Residuals team in a fast-paced environment that requires the ability to set and execute priorities, manage day-to-day work, guide a Residuals clerk, and support the management team and business units.
- Review cast list setups prepared by Entertainment Partners (“EP”) for completeness and accuracy while ensuring residuals are paid in compliance with the collective bargaining agreements. This includes having the knowledge to break timecards, interpret talent contracts and understand guild deadlines. Once identified, must be able to effectively communicate and resolve any omissions, errors, or updates with Entertainment Partners.
- Support Residuals Director in all areas of payment processing as needed, including, but not limited to, payment reconciliation of data interface between SAP and EP systems in accordance with SOX guidelines, overseeing invoice processing from a third-party payroll company, etc.
- Analysis of production and distribution agreements to identify residuals obligations and associated guilds.
- Extract data and perform analysis for business units, including defining parameters for ad hoc reports required for analysis. Assist with ultimate projections and cash flow processing.
- Oversee and validate the collection of residuals-related documents and information to provide to Entertainment Partners to facilitate an accurate setup in their system.
- Work with the TV group to analyze airdate information for payment purposes; identify and resolve station mapping issues with the third-party service provider. Serve as primary contact for external customers facilitating the collection of all information required to upload and trigger ad supported streaming payments and verify the streaming windows are properly calculated in EP’s reporting system.
- Prepare residuals estimates for business units. Knowledge of guild collective bargaining agreements, focusing on a title’s made-for market and associated rules for reuse in all markets. Work with management to ensure assumptions and calculations are accurate.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5 years+ experience in Residual and Corporate Office Experience
- Entertainment industry background preferred.
- Basic accounting knowledge.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter, ability to identify tasks and next steps without constant supervision.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, excellent follow-through skills.
- Multi-tasking skills and flexibility to accommodate a fast-paced, high-profile department.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."