Senior Associate, Finance Compliance
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR22-11323 Apply View Saved Jobs
At Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE), we are in the business of creativity, making some of the most beloved film and television of all time, for every platform in the world. As the most creative and proudly independent studio, our future is boundless. SPE is a division of Sony Corporation, a creative entertainment company built on a foundation of technology. Along with our sister companies, we create movies, television, music, and games that engage billions of people, connecting creators and audiences around the globe.
The Finance Compliance department is seeking a Senior Associate that is passionate about risk management, has a love for the entertainment industry, and wants their work to make an impact! The Senior Associate’s primary responsibilities will be around the execution of our Compliance program, including SOX controls and monitoring activities. It is a very exciting role because it provides you the unique opportunity to develop your expertise in both business process and information technology! In this role, you will be encouraged to use your creativity to inspire new ways of working and problem solving. You will also have the opportunity to work both independently and collaboratively across various dynamic and diverse teams. The Compliance Department takes pride in promoting a positive company culture by focusing on work-life synergy, career development, and making work light. This is an ideal opportunity to develop business knowledge across all SPE, while also developing technology skills.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors on SOX Compliance including monitoring and reporting of key Business Process controls (BPC), and IT General controls (ITGC), Company Level controls (CLC), and key reports in accordance with SOX 404 requirements.
- Analyze processes, risks, and controls to identify improvement opportunities, recommend actions that are pragmatic and achievable, and partnering with the business to resolve deficiencies.
- Execute key Corporate Compliance activities including coordinating Tokyo HQ required deliverables, preparation of Corporate Compliance key SOX controls, and administration of GRC risk management tool.
- Play a key role in evaluating SOC report assessments while providing guidance and recommendations to ensure compliance with corporate standards and SOX requirements
- Play a key role in management of the Government-Related expenditure process
- Participate in special projects and company-wide initiatives to ensure potential control and process gaps are being addressed.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in audit or other relevant experience
- BS/BA – Finance/Accounting, or Business-related degree.
- CPA / CISA (or equivalent) is preferred but not required.
- Experience in SOX internal controls and detailed business process expertise required.
- Experience in a public accounting firm; direct client experience in motion picture and related industries preferred.
Critical Success Factors
- Excellent project management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong PC and analytical skills required.
- Self-motivated team player.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”