SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST – SECURITY, SAFETY & SUSTAINABILITY(S3)
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10067 Apply View Saved Jobs
We are seeking a Senior Business Analyst who has experience in managing various IT related workstreams including Information Security and who will work on our Security, Safety & Sustainability (S3) processes and systems roll out. The overall S3 program strives to deploy a more efficient, controlled and strategic workforce lifecycle process to improve the safety and privacy of people and data, accelerate processes and administrative tasks, and enhance the user experience.
The role of the Senior Business Analyst in our Corporate IT BRM team serves as an interface to the business users, with the guidance from the Project Manager and/or IT Director to assist the BRM teams in understanding the business processes, workflows, and requirements of the users. The Senior Business Analyst will liaise with stakeholders from various business units, including IT, Security and Compliance, in support of current and future application enhancements/releases. This role will be expected to perform requirements analysis and create functional design processes, various project deliverables (incl. diagrams, presentations, etc.) and ensure testing services for enhancements and projects are completed successfully.
The candidate should have experience specifically in Information Security (experience with Physical Security software would be beneficial) and complex, multi-phased projects (i.e. integration and application development). Experience working in cross-functional teams and executing according to project management methodology is required. The candidate must be hands on and detailed oriented. Strong communication and listening skills are essential as well as the ability to communicate and interact with all levels of business users. Candidates must have a take-charge attitude and the ability to multi-task effectively. The ideal candidate should have performed a similar role or possess prior consulting experience with a reputable consulting company. Some technical development skills would be also being beneficial but not required.
Responsibilities include the following:
Collect, review, analyze, and manage system and user requirements from business users
Work with the business and technical teams to clarify functional requirements
Document detailed proposals, functional and data business requirements, process flows, use cases, information needs, test scenarios, and obtain functional design specification approvals
Create and test design documents and user access test cases
Develop and test entire life-cycle of privileged accounts for each use case
Manage the UAT process by performing smoke testing, test case validation, and obtaining business approvals on UAT for scheduled deployments.
Develop systems design document - Map controls to use cases;
Serve as a liaison to other teams in planning, coordination, development and deployment of multi-team enhancement or projects
Ensure delivery of project and enhancement requirements meet the requirements defined by the business customer
Accountable for ensuring training needs are met for new or existing applications
- Ability to facilitate business requirements and design review sessions with customers
- Proficient in developing requirements definition, functional specifications, test scenarios/scripts data models and business procedures.
- Strong process flow and diagramming skills (Visio application)
- Creation and delivery of training materials
- Exposure to managing the testing disciplines (use of Quality Center tool)
- Extremely organized with the ability to create and manage a task plan
- Understanding of Information Security concepts, product stacks and architecture
- Interpersonal skills; strong relationship management and negotiation skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills - verbal, written, listening and presentation
- At least 5 years’ experience in the domain
- Experience with Security, Safety & Sustainability applications and infrastructure
- Experience gathering requirements for complex enhancements is required
- Understanding of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), SDLC (Software development lifecycle) and project management fundamentals
- Process flow mapping, data conversion and interface design
- Basic understanding of the entertainment industry and the role that IT plays
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."