Senior Business Analyst
Culver City | Req ID: JR22-11273
Tech/IT/InfoSec at Sony Pictures
Join us in a dynamic fast paced environment focused on delivering value by leveraging an agile framework. In support of our ever evolving film and television businesses, our IT teams leverage the latest technologies and focus on cloud adoption.
Be a part of a diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture that focuses on professional development, high performance and growth by leveraging structured programs that include OKRs (stretch for amazing) and modern development planning tools (e.g. competency model). Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- trusted partner
- problem solver
- strategic thinker
- change agent
- effective communicator
The Senior Business Analyst in IT serves as a primary interface to the business users, with the guidance from a IT Director to assist development and project teams in understanding the business processes, workflows, and information requirements of the users. The Business Analyst will primarily serve in the support of the current and future applications and the requirement analysis process.
- Facilitate & document comprehensive business and technical requirements for a variety of technology platforms
- Lead application support & enhancement efforts
- Analyze business workflows and identify areas in which existing or future technology can be utilized to improve user experience and productivity
- Participate in data transformation and mapping processes to migrate existing content into cloud-based solutions
- Manually test new product features as they become available and write test cases for the creation of automated test scripts
- Lead system configuration & implementation activities
- Facilitate training sessions and demos with project stakeholders and application users, and have a thorough understanding of the system so that user questions can be properly addressed
- Troubleshoot open application tickets, including defect reporting and resolution, and provide customer service to clients
- Participate in vendor analysis and related technologies to determine best fit and assist in providing recommendations to clients around technology and services acquisition
- Support the development of strong client relationships by building trust, rapport and strong working relationships with key sponsors (including senior level executives), stakeholders, and team members
- 4+ years of experience as Business Analyst or similar position
- Hands on experience with application support and configuration
- Bachelor's Degree
- Demonstrated experience working with senior level management
- Experience producing & managing detailed documentation including high & low level business requirements, traceability matrixes, work-flow diagrams, test cases and business use-cases
- Strong attention to detail
- Hands on experience with content management applications including iManage, SharePoint, Alfresco, Adobe, OneTrust, etc.
- Ability to understand content migration needs and execute content migration plans a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with strong presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal, team building, organizational and motivational skills
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Sony Pictures is the powerhouse behind some of the world’s most beloved films and television. Peek behind the curtain and watch this video to see what it’s like to work with us.