Senior Manager, Finance Operations - Record To Report
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10035 Apply View Saved Jobs
The SPE Accounting function has been transformed into one that is global and enterprise-based, focusing on process improvement, standardization, and simplification. The goals are to improve efficiency and effectiveness, and to enhance the value and accessibility of the data created by the accounting processes. A key design enabler for this new organization is the Global Finance Operations (GFO) that will serve as a liaison between the lines of business and SPE’s third party provider of accounting services, Capgemini.
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) has operations in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, under various business models including Operating Territory, Joint Venture, Licensing, and Alliance arrangements. GFO in Culver City has the primary responsibilities in ensuring the integrity of SPHE financial reporting, coordinating finance policies and procedures on a worldwide basis, and liaising with the regional GFO and territories on a wide range of financial and organizational issues. In addition, GFO in Culver City takes a central lead role in representing the regional and territorial interests in SPE global initiatives.
Responsibilities and Expectations
The Senior Manager, Finance Operations – RTR will be actively engaged in the accounting, financial reporting, process improvement, and standardization activities within and across the worldwide SPHE businesses.
This position will handle certain recurring aspects of financial accounting and reporting, including:
- Review financial statements of Home Entertainment and international subsidiaries ensuring accuracy and completeness in accordance with IFRS and US GAAP.
- Provide support for IFRS / US GAAP dual reporting and disclosure information.
- Liaise with the Regional GFO and territory finance to review territory Balance Sheet, Return Reserve, Inventory Obsolescence Reserve, and Key Account Reconciliations.
- Provide accounting oversight to the international subsidiaries operating under the Alliance Distribution business model for compliance with the contractual reporting requirements.
- Supervise the accounting activities performed by a financial accountant.
- Along with the GFO team, provide oversight and training to Capgemini, including approval of judgmental journal entries and key account reconciliations.
The Senior Manager will participate in a variety of projects and ad hoc activities such as:
- Support Worldwide SPHE in the implementation of SAP S/4 HANA and BW/4.
- Recommend best practices, and drive standardization / simplification on a worldwide basis across SPHE.
- Implement Record to Report global operating model.
- Handle ad hoc requests from various stakeholders - senior finance management, territory finance, corporate finance, compliance, audit, and tax.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience including prior management experience with a large multi-national company.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, processes, and SAP; CPA preferred.
- International experience highly desired; entertainment industry experience preferred.
- Ability to develop and action tactical approaches supporting both organizational and divisional strategic objectives.
- Strong follow-through on all projects; ability to bring projects to timely completion.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to be thorough with attention to details.
- Flexible; able to work in an environment where priorities change regularly, and continual process improvement is expected.
- Intellectual curiosity and takes initiative to understand things that don’t make sense.
- Critical thinker with ability to see the forest, but at the same time detail oriented enough to ensure quality and accuracy of work product.
- Strong ability to collaborate across team environment.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."