Senior Engineering Manager, Living Room - Funimation
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10617 Apply View Saved Jobs
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for tens of millions of people around the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader, serving a passionate fan community whenever, and wherever they want it. We deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films, events, retail, merchandise and, of course, the Funimation subscription apps, which are available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is high-energy and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed, with top talent from across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming and entertainment. With over 400 employees in 6 countries,
Funimation is rapidly expanding and looking for passionate, innovative leaders to join our team. Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between Sony Pictures Entertainment US, and Aniplex JP, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment Japan, Inc. To learn more about Funimation, visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Funimation is looking for a self-motivated Senior Manager of Living Room Platforms to join our Consumer technology team. We are looking for an intrepid problem-solver to dive into this space and help build world class Living Room devices used by millions of people across the world.
You will work alongside product management, design, and marketing to define and build solutions fans love. You will be responsible for leading the team, defining the technical design and working with team members to develop and solve difficult technical problems.
The ideal candidate will have an established background developing solutions for the Living Room Platforms. This person must also be a team leader and a good communicator who can articulate technical design tradeoffs with other developers and product owners.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop complex, consumer-facing applications for Living Room Platforms (Smart TVs, Streaming Boxes, Game Consoles (Xbox, PlayStation, etc.)).
- Work closely with product managers, and other front end and back end software developers
- Maintain development team competitiveness in the Living Room Platforms field by staying current on techniques, tools, and ecosystem
- Coach and manage engineers,
- Review existing Living Room Platforms codebases and improve or make recommendations for improving them
- Serve as the go to Living Room Platforms expert
- Stay current on the latest Living Room Platforms technologies.
- Work with and provide technical guidance to other vendor/off-shore app development team members ensuring all efforts adhere to industry standard and internally defined best practices
The minimum qualifications & requirements for this position include:
- Minimum 3 years of managing an engineering team
- Minimum 6 years of building Living Room Platforms
- Experience with build and release of Living Room Platforms
- Media playback experience on Living Room Platforms
- Rest API consumption using Json experience
- Familiarity and working experience with agile development methodologies
- Audio/video streaming experience
- Familiarity with Git branching and source code control
- Familiarity with Device testing
- Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently or in a full team
- Demonstrated ability to document code as needed
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and ongoing employee development.
Funimation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*Sony Pictures Entertainment/Funimation is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."