Senior Manager, Strategic Analysis & Commercial Partnerships
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR21-10996 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Entertainment is looking for a curious, analytical, and collaborative partner to help pave the way to apply strategy and analytics to help grow our TV Distribution businesses.
What will be your mission?
At Sony Pictures, our mission is to connect relevant Films and TV series to consumers and audiences across transactional, subscription, and linear viewing platforms. Our content includes franchise brands such as Spiderman, Jumanji, and Ghostbusters to TV franchises such as Breaking Bad, Blacklist, and Seinfeld.
Our team is responsible for bringing action to the millions of consumer datapoints we have – from crafting the best in-class audience and content analyses, consumer trends systems, recommendation engines / predictive models and more – all geared toward understanding audience preferences and behavior to drive growth in our TV license and broadcast business, transactional revenues, and to grow our AVOD or SVOD businesses.
In this position, the Senior Manager will be the thought-leader to frame strategic analyses and develop the stories to enable growth in our distribution businesses.
Who are you?
You have a strong analytical background, and a demonstrated ability to summarize the complex into simple, cohesive and digestible findings, stories, and recommendations.
You are well versed in performing data analysis and finding patterns in audience consumption, but more importantly can apply them across various business models – whether it’s demonstrating how to bring new audiences to Crunchyroll, predicting what consumers will watch next and the financial implications, or showing how audiences watch TV to lock in our biggest license deals. Overall, you frame and organize analyses, craft those relatable story-lines or visuals, and bring to life data to drive business action.
You want to develop to grow your analytical and story-telling skills, learn about the entertainment business, and developing lasting relationship with key partners at the studio…and we’re here every step of the way to coach you to the next level!
What will you do?
You will work with Data Managers, Data Scientist, and our TV Distribution Stakeholders to do the following:
- Consumer analytics
- Mine user level data to extract, segment, and profile audiences
- Analyze and deliver insights, recommendations, and action plans for viewers of our TV Shows and Films
- Deliver compelling visuals and story-telling to business stakeholders that will impact their decision making across sales distribution, product pitches and terms negotiations.
- Support consumer distribution strategy development by understanding relationships between titles and performance and engagement metrics, themes, consumers behavior, and the platforms they like to view content.
- Infuse data decision making in current SPE planning processes by understanding current processes and where consumer data can add value, improve or disrupt.
- Deliver findings via presentations and facilitate discussions with stakeholders to drive transactions and revenue across our library of content (series and movies) that are distributed across SVOD, AVOD, Linear, or Digital services.
- Design, build, and productionalize business relevant dashboards that enables the business to track metrics that matter.
- Project-based analysis and management
- Financial Modelling - build and run ROI and scenario analyses in order to support business decisions and evaluate opportunities to sell new titles, assess new distribution platforms and acquire new consumers.
- Support new offers/value propositions to consumers through various data analysis
- Via Design Thinking principles, execute listening sessions with the business stakeholders to understand and scope their business needs to deliver solutions leveraging our data assets.
- Use Agile principles across all phases of the analysis and visualization development life cycle, including helping to manage and report on the project's progress, as necessary
- Perform sophisticated hypothesis-driven analysis with only broad oversight
- Work and co-lead project pods (including Data Engineers and Data Scientists) to deliver data driven solutions and data products
- Partnership and Relationship Management
- Engage with internal B2B relationship management from ideation to execution.
- Develop a deep understanding with our business stakeholders including their mission, targets, goals, planning processes and how they use data throughout their decision-making process.
- Develop roadmaps and continuously evaluate, develop solutions and execute projects scopes that are business relevant.
- Clearly scope projects before embarking on analysis/development.Define analysis goals, KPIs and the calculations needed for measurement, and frame them clearly and simply such that all involved parties can align.
- Partner with business stakeholders to interpret metrics and subsequent actions, understand outputs from Machine Learning Models to business problems and decisions, simulate scenarios for planning. Capture business applications and results in order to train and coach other potential business stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities with potential business stakeholders to leverage and apply our data products to grow revenue and increase viewership of SPE content.
- Demonstrated experience working with consumer-level data to define groups of individual consumers with propensity to engage, then serve offers matched to their preferences
- Ability to learn new business models and how the analytics can impact business levers
- Know how to navigate various datasets (social media, set-top box, direct-to-consumer, industry research, etc.) and pick-up what variables matters!
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to partner and collaborate effectively with cross-divisional functions and external partners
- Agile expertise to rapidly iterate at pace, bringing Decision Making Tools from Scope to Proof of Concept to Production to in-house training and hand-off
- Ability to draw well-integrated conclusions and tell a cohesive story through models and presentations
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in user-level data analytics and statistical modeling, strategy, or management consulting
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or MBA in Business Management, Finance, Economics, Statistics or similar degree from an accredited university
Required technical skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau (or Periscope) skills.
- Foundational SQL reading and code writing
- Understanding of how to navigate cloud-based data platforms (BigQuery / AWS / Redshift, Snowflake) & relational data platforms (Teradata)
- Working knowledge of Alteryx
- Working knowledge of R & Python & Jupiter notebooks (preferred but not necessary)
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”