Culver City | Req ID: JR20-10284
Tech/IT/InfoSec at Sony Pictures
Join us in a dynamic fast paced environment focused on delivering value by leveraging an agile framework. In support of our ever evolving film and television businesses, our IT teams leverage the latest technologies and focus on cloud adoption.
Be a part of a diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture that focuses on professional development, high performance and growth by leveraging structured programs that include OKRs (stretch for amazing) and modern development planning tools (e.g. competency model). Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- trusted partner
- innovative problem solver
- strategic thinker
- change agent
- effective communicator
- learner and developer
Senior Software Engineer
At Sony Innovation Studios we are developing cutting edge technologies for use in virtual productions and entertainment experiences. Located at the heart of the Sony Pictures studio lot in Culver City we are surrounded by creative and talented people looking to create the best entertainment possible. We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our Core Technology team to help develop next generation volumetric technologies and real-time applications for use in virtual productions.
What You Will Be Doing
• Design, implement, test, and maintain real-time software features and functionality
• Design and develop high-performance system such as disk data streaming
• Optimize systems such as memory, CPU, and other low-level systems
• Work with other engineers in devising clean and efficient solutions
• Work closely with other disciplines such as art and design
What We Are Looking For
• B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 3+ years developing C++ applications as part of professional team
• Strong skills in modern C++ 14/17
• Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
• Good understanding of multi-threaded programming and optimizations
• Understanding of memory management techniques
• Experience working on large code bases
• Excellent debugging skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Committed to code quality
• Experience with real-time software performance optimizations
• Experience with VR and AR development and optimization techniques
• Comprehensive health and benefit packages
• 401k with company match
• Discount movie tickets
• Sony products discount
• And so much more..The anticipated base salary for this position is $120,000 to $155,000. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Sony Pictures is the powerhouse behind some of the world’s most beloved films and television. Peek behind the curtain and watch this video to see what it’s like to work with us.