Senior Software Engineer
Culver City | Req ID: JR23-11009
Tech/IT/InfoSec at Sony Pictures
Join us in a dynamic fast paced environment focused on delivering value by leveraging an agile framework. In support of our ever evolving film and television businesses, our IT teams leverage the latest technologies and focus on cloud adoption.
Be a part of a diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture that focuses on professional development, high performance and growth by leveraging structured programs that include OKRs (stretch for amazing) and modern development planning tools (e.g. competency model). Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- trusted partner
- innovative problem solver
- strategic thinker
- change agent
- effective communicator
- learner and developer
The Senior Software Engineer is a hands-on fullstack developer who will contribute to design, build, and maintain complex software components serving OTT streaming services. This role works across cross-functional teams within SPE New Media team and leveraging expertise in both front-end and back-end technologies. Your expertise and extensive experience in software development will be pivotal in product enhancement, optimizing the platform and guaranteeing the scalability of the services.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of software development lifecycle, methodologies with experience in designing and building large scale backend systems and end-to-end features and functionalities. We are looking for an individual who has strong problem-solving skills and a passion for innovation and technology to build global services.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain software components including back-end and front-end and database componets
- Participate in architectural discussions, propose solutions and design scalable systems that meet business and technical requirements
- Troubleshoot scalability issues and build backend services with security in mind
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, engineers and other stakeholders to understand requirements and offer technical insights
- Implement proof-of-concepts for new features and services
- Investigate and resolve complex technical issues and bugs in the software providing timely solutions to ensure the system’s stability
- Perform code reviews, promote best coding practices and high-quality coding standards
- Create technical documentation, including system architecture diagrams and API documents
Qualifications should include a minimum of:
- 4+ years of experience developing large scale services
- Expertise with at least one of object-oriented programming languages like C#, Java or Python, preferably C#
- Strong expertise in building RESTful APIs
- Advanced knowledge of cloud-based platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience in using Terraform/Cloud Formation for infrastructure automation
- Experience with microservices and serverless architecture
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Sony Pictures is the powerhouse behind some of the world’s most beloved films and television. Peek behind the curtain and watch this video to see what it’s like to work with us.