Software Engineer - Funimation (Dallas or Los Angeles)
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10166 Apply View Saved Jobs
This role could be in either LA (Culver City) or Dallas (Flower Mound).
Funimation, a Sony Pictures Television Networks Company, is the go-to destination for extraordinary anime. By combining its integrated in-house studios along with its technology and distribution partnerships, Funimation leads the industry with its omnichannel approach to offering anime to fans – from streaming and home entertainment to theatrical distribution and broadcast television. The company’s next generation streaming service provides subscribers with instant access to their favorite sub and dub shows in ad-free HD on the widest array of devices and platforms – from smartphones and tablets to TV’s and gaming consoles.
Funimation is looking for Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering and technology team.
- Design, develop and deploy integrated solutions
- Own front-end and back-end development for your application
- Build and maintain API infrastructure that allows for standard integration methodology between applications and any third party services
- Collaborate effectively with product managers, designers, Engineering Managers and stakeholders on the projects
- Communicate technical ideas and work with minimal oversight on projects with a focus on solving business challenges
- Collaborate and lead other vendor/off-shore app development team ensuring all efforts are adhere to industry standard and internally defined best practices
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, or three to five years of applicable experience, especially with Video, high-volume platform/software environments and platform development in a media/entertainment-related role
- full stack engineer with 5 years of experience
- Strong in .Net core framework
- Experience integrating with internal and third party services
- Experience building restful APIs for internal and external products
- Ability to work closely with internal stakeholders and vendors to understand their systems, build custom solutions, integrate with these systems and deploy the solution
- Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently or in a full team
- Demonstrated ability to document code as needed
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."