Software Engineer - Funimation
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10166 Apply View Saved Jobs
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for tens of millions of people around the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader, serving a passionate fan community whenever, and wherever they want it. We deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films, events, retail, merchandise and, of course, the Funimation subscription apps, which are available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is high-energy and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed, with top talent from across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming and entertainment. With over 400 employees in 6 countries,
Funimation is rapidly expanding and looking for passionate, innovative leaders to join our team. Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between Sony Pictures Entertainment US, and Aniplex JP, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment Japan, Inc. To learn more about Funimation, visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Funimation is looking for a self-motivated Software Engineer to join our Consumer technology team working on Funimation OTT streaming platfrom. We are looking for an intrepid problem-solver to dive into an ambiguous problem space and design and deliver innovative software solutions, and to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
You will work alongside product management, design, and marketing to define and build solutions fans love. You will be responsible for building and leading a team of engineers to architect, design, and develop cutting edge technologies. This leader will work with senior engineers and other leaders to solve difficult technical problems.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
- Working closely with software engineers and other engineering managers to architect, develop and deliver the best solutions.
- Contribute to building scalable, high-performing tech infrastructure
- Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives where needed.
- Help shape a cultural high bar for security, performance, reliability, and maintainability of software
- Likes working at a fast pace, is self-directed, and able to manage multiple concurrent competing challenges, issues and priorities
The minimum qualifications & requirements for this position include:
- 3+ Years of experience in software development.
- Good understanding of architecture and design patterns
- Strong full-stack technical design and development skills and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Strong business and technical vision
- Experience with high volume, low-latency architectures
- Experience building large-scale web services backed by cloud services, such as AWS
- Experience or background in streaming video delivery
- Experience with distributed systems and high throughput services
- Experience with continuous delivery, system operations, monitoring, and web services
- Expert knowledge of designing and developing web applications and API’s using Python
- Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
- Ability to work with others: You have excellent interpersonal skills. You’re a good listener.
- Strong communication skills: You are articulate and persuasive while able to listen and incorporate the perspectives of others.
- Work ethic: You do what it takes to make a launch go well, which involves working with technical operations, product support, product marketing, merchandising, and communicating directly with our community.
- Creativity: You love to solve problems large and small.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."