Specialist, Leave Administration - People & Organization (HR)
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR23-11216 Apply View Saved Jobs
Our Leave Administration Specialist will report to the Director, of Benefits with the People and Organization (P&O), also known as HR. The main focus of this role is to help administer Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) leave of absence programs. The scope includes FMLA, ADA, maternity/paternity, personal leave, and worker’s compensation in the United States. The Leave Specialist will also partner with the employee relations department for reasonable accommodations, and modified work schedules, and partner with counsel on critical issues.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee leave of absence vendor and serve as a point of contact for leaves of absence, including: FMLA, State Family Leaves, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Military, General, and Paid Parental
- Serve as liaison between leave of absence third party administrator, employee relations, legal counsel, and P&O Business Partners, addressing and resolving all partner concerns.
- Assess benefits and payroll associated with employees on leave of absence
- Ensure HRIS system, Workday, accurately reflects employees on leave of absence
- Ensure extraordinary customer service experience by responding timely and accurately to leave related questions through email, phone, and face-to-face interactions.
- Facilitate quarterly employee presentations explaining CA Pregnancy Disability, Paid Family Leave, and SPE company policies.
- Help to review and implement new processes and procedures and update Leave of Absence forms, templates, and policies.
- Provide departmental training, which will be customized to meet the specific departmental needs.
- Training topics for management, supervisors, and employees may include: fundamentals of Workers Compensation, Disability Management Services, the Return-to-Work process, rights & responsibilities, and the relationship between RTW and ADA & FMLA
- Stay abreast of the ever-changing environment governing leaves from federal, state, and local levels and from a standard methodology perspective.
- Process monthly benefit invoicing and auditing to ensure reconciliation with payroll and accounting; as well as maintaining internal benefits budget reporting
Required Academic & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in HR and/or Legal
- 3+ years of experience in regulatory compliance EEO, FMLA, ADA, WC, etc.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSA’s):
- Maintains current knowledge of government activities in regulatory compliance
- Well-versed in calculating statutory benefit offsets and auditing Payroll reports
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel (Pivot Tables) and PowerPoint
- Strong social skills; ability to develop effective relationships and partnerships with P&O Business Partners, P&O IT, P&O Operations Team, Legal, Finance, Accounting and other partners at all levels within the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong customer orientation
- Ability to flourish in a team environment; as well as work independently
- Solution driven using creative and innovative ways to approach a problem or answer a question
- High attention to detail and the ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion
- Experience using Workday preferred
- Background of working in Microsoft SharePoint environment
- Passionate and sense of urgency for execution; natural curiosity and willingness to take risks; ability to use creativity to problem solve; ability to look at human resources in new and different ways; desire to make a difference.
- Demonstrates confidence, credibility, good judgment
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”