Sr. Analyst, Corporate Development
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10601 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Entertainment’s Corporate Development Group is seeking a Senior Analyst with proven financial and strategic skills and a strong interest in the entertainment industry. The Senior Analyst will have the opportunity to apply business and financial expertise to deals and strategic initiatives for various SPE business units, including digital media, television, and motion picture. The Senior Analyst will be involved in identifying growth opportunities globally and evaluating proposed transactions from a strategic and financial perspective. The Senior Analyst plays a key role in merger & acquisitions (M&A) deal flow, and interfaces with internal clients across SPE’s operating groups, including senior executives, and third parties. The position reports directly to the SVP Corporate Development.
The ideal candidate for this role will have 2-4 years of experience working for a prominent investment bank, valuation firm or private equity firm who wants to make the jump to deal-making and strategy in the Media and Entertainment business.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide financial, analytical modeling, detailed due diligence, and strategic support for evaluating potential M&A candidates, joint venture partners, and business development growth initiatives
- Perform and oversee complex financial modeling and analysis for potential transactions using valuation techniques
- Perform due diligence, prepare presentations for senior management, and coordinate with senior executives to support and execute transactions
- Performing industry due diligence including market research of industry metrics, trends, and competitive analysis
- Maintain an up-to-date view on market research related to the industry
- Formulate and prepare presentations to share findings and recommendations for divisional and senior management critical to the decision-making process
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses at the request of senior executives
Experience and Skills Desired:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in investment banking, valuation, private equity, or corporate / business development
- Experience in M&A preferred
- Experience in entertainment and/or media preferred
- B.S / B.A. required
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Hypotheses driven and comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to logically break down approach and assumptions
- Experience developing compelling business cases and presentations
- Deadline-driven, organized, and able to multi-task
- Ability to work in a team and on a standalone basis
- Ability to develop a collaborative rapport with divisional executives and teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including Excel and PowerPoint
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."