Sr Analyst, Data
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR23-10070 Apply View Saved Jobs
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Content Protection, the Data Analyst is tasked with day-to-day oversight of the Content Protection Group Database and performing research, data analytics, and modeling functions to support SPE’s global content protection efforts and related strategic initiatives.
The Data Analyst will work closely with all members of the Content Protection Group and interact with the broader SPE community, including technology, communications, government affairs, marketing, and distribution. Specific core responsibilities will include:
- Aggregating, cleansing, and synthesizing data
- Overseeing day-to-day functionality of the Content Protection Group Database
- Managing and building various dashboards and reports on-the-fly, specifically within Tableau
- Conducting statistical analysis utilizing various data points including, but not limited to, financial data, release schedules, content protection data, and consumer behavior data Analyzing trends in entertainment consumption (both legitimate and illegitimate) Preparing presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelors degree required, Masters degree preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Quick learner who is self-motivated, well organized, and detail-oriented
- Proven qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Experience with visual analytics software, Tableau required
- Experience with data and statistical analytics software such as R, SPSS, and/or Alteryx
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solid knowledge of the MS Office suite, especially Excel
- Knowledge or experience in consumer research, data scientist projects, analytical roles, or the like
- Business, Research, I.S. or I.T. background or relevant experience
- Interest and enthusiasm for making sense of data and how it can help SPE business
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”