Sr Analyst, ITPS Desktop
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10141 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Entertainment’s (SPE) Culver City office have an exciting opportunity for a candidate to join their IT support team in the position of: Sr Analyst, ITPS Desktop
In this position you will manage and lead all day-to-day operations of all desktop, production support, infrastructure and systems for ITPS operations.Additionally, you will provide first, second or third level systems support as necessary.
You will be responsible for day-to-day users support (i.e., desktop, equipment provisioning, Outlook, MS Office, break/fix, etc.) in conjunction with SPE’s Global Service Desk (GSD) either as first, second or third level support.
You will work as part of a project team as necessary to implement infrastructure projects within SPE.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Manage and ensure all day-to-day operations are executed and completed within the operation guidelines, policies and processes, i.e. daily systems backup, systems health checks, etc.
- Be an active part of the team in working towards continuous operational improvement and enhancements of the local systems and infrastructure
- Important role for all DRP(Disaster Recovery Program) and operations planning and processes to ensure SPE IT is always ready to handle any major disaster situations and to ensure compliance to audit and SOX
- Execute the regional systems self audit to ensure compliance to audit, SOX and systems operational excellence
- Manage/monitor day to day (Business as Usual) operations for all local, regional and Global business systems and IT services across the various lines of business.
- Part of a team, providing technology analysis, selection, development, and implementation in alignment with Global Enterprise Architecture (EA) and EIS (Enterprise Infrastructure Services) functional teams
- Part of the Global/IT team to manage and define all technology standards for the operations
- Monitor and recommend continuous technology improvements to ensure the Regional technology is “ever green” and aligned with Global standards and roadmap. Seek to provide a competitive advantage to SPE businesses, efficiencies and low technology “cost of ownership”
- Provide project management/coordination role under Global/IT management supervision
- Represent the region in Global EIS projects as the Regional project representative under regional IT management supervision
- Lead the project charter creation and documentation and approval process
- Responsible for design review, implementation, and support of projects from inception to completion under Global/Regional IT management supervision
- Provide status updates to senior management, and team members
- Updating and documenting IT operational processes and improvements
- Responsible for keeping all IT asset inventory for assigned to SPE
- Responsible for ensuring all IT asset assigned to the businesses are kept up to date at all times
Skills & Experience Required:
To be considered for this role you will ideally meet and be able to demonstrate the following criteria:
Experience and Education:
- Typically, 3 years employment in the IT industry working in a complex global infrastructure environment.
- Typically, 2 years’ experience with Microsoft suit of products like OS, Office, Outlook, Office communicator, etc is required.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Excellent working knowledge on Macintosh OSX, Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (desktops), Office Suite and Outlook
- Knowledge on mobile devices and mobile operating systems, i.e. iOS, Andriod.
- Basic project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills are required. Ability to work effectively with team members, clients and other areas of the IT environment
- Good written and oral communications
- Excellent technical problem solving abilities
- Good working knowledge on VMWare, Citrix, VPN technologies
- Basic understanding on information security protection systems like McAfee Antivirus and HIPS, firewall, etc
- Understand users’ IT problems/requests and provide solid resolutions/solutions within SPE systems framework and standards
- Handle multiple tasks and be flexible in a fast paced environment
- Deliver on time, commitment, and quality
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."