Sr Business Analyst, SharePoint & Power Platform
Culver City | Req ID: JR23-10418
Tech/IT/InfoSec at Sony Pictures
Join us in a dynamic fast paced environment focused on delivering value by leveraging an agile framework. In support of our ever evolving film and television businesses, our IT teams leverage the latest technologies and focus on cloud adoption.
Be a part of a diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture that focuses on professional development, high performance and growth by leveraging structured programs that include OKRs (stretch for amazing) and modern development planning tools (e.g. competency model). Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- trusted partner
- innovative problem solver
- strategic thinker
- change agent
- effective communicator
- learner and developer
The Sr. Business Analyst, Corporate IT, will play a key role in supporting the tools and technologies surrounding Microsoft 365, SharePoint Online, and Power Platform. The Sr. Business Analyst is sharply focused on identifying, documenting, and recommending solutions to business requirements of new and existing SharePoint & Power Platform Solutions, from a technology, process, and workflow perspective. The Sr. Business Analyst will successfully demonstrate Agile and SCRUM competencies with a focus on Product Ownership and Demand Management. The role is responsible for contributing to the broader IT team to align technology, strategy, and project execution to deliver a range of solutions.
- Contribute the development of a transformational roadmap for the Microsoft O365 Suite.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of the complexities of Microsoft 365, SharePoint Online and Power Platform. Possesses a passion for leading large-scale transformational projects.
- Contributes to the creation and development of SharePoint & Power Platform solutions by aligning with the guiding principles of Agile and SCRUM methodologies. Enforces efficiencies, eliminates rework and workarounds.
- Contributes to roadmap execution, including taking a lead role in multi-track project plans, communicating updates to stakeholders, management, and providing weekly reports.
- Successfully identifies opportunities to enhance existing IT processes and collaborate with process owners to introduce efficiencies.
- Successfully identifies and articulates options to stakeholders and influences decisions based on facts and analysis.
- Establish and sustain relationships with business stakeholders and project teams, including senior leaders, track leads, IT Support, other corporate partners and P&O.
- Solicit, elaborate, and communicate requirements and/or issues to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Contribute with all internal IT communications and activities with Information Security, P&O, Finance, IT fulfillment teams and IT infrastructure teams.
- Contribute solutions as a subject matter expert by corresponding with regional counterparts and developing a global governance and shared services operating model.
- Education: BA/BS
- 3-5 years of experience in IT or related technical professions
- Strong functional specifications and user requirements skills
- Evidence of business acumen in order to communicate effectively with business and IT in day-to-day operations and delivery of IT services
- Computer Science degree or equivalent education required
Agile/Scrum Experience (if not, training will be provided).The anticipated base salary for this position is $94,500-$125,000. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Sony Pictures is the powerhouse behind some of the world’s most beloved films and television. Peek behind the curtain and watch this video to see what it’s like to work with us.