Sr. Coordinator, Asset Management
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR19-11724 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to http://www.sonypictures.com
Under the direction of the EVP of Asset Management, primary responsibilities to include: project management; creation/distribution of project tracking reports heavy phone support; coordinating meetings, screenings and appointments; creating/maintaining department files.
Additionally, helps to administer archival print loans, DCP creation and Repertory requests on behalf of Asset Management including research and materials movement. Works with vendors to issue purchase orders, create inventory records and track delivery of materials from creation to storage. The position also supports the department with supply ordering, facilities requests, departmental courier, and other administrative duties as required.
1. Track department projects (i.e. mastering projects, restorations, research) and distribute weekly status reports. Prepare and maintain status reports as necessary for work-in-progress or completed projects, issue Purchase Orders to vendors and follow up on completion of work.
2. Track the status of materials being manufactured for Archival delivery, communicating timelines and status to department members. Insure newly manufactured elements are received at appropriate SPE facilities.
3. Handle internal and external requests for technical information, picture references, film clips and general inquiries regarding SPE’s film library.
4. Coordinate film and sound element shipments for screenings, lab work and storage.
5. Provide overall administrative support for VP and staff, including scheduling daily meetings, screenings and appointments, ordering supplies, vacation/absence tracking, mail.
6. Heavy phone support, drafting correspondence, coordinating travel arrangements and processing expense reports requiring proficiency in
Microsoft office such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Ariba, Concur, and GOLD
7. Maintain department files (including lab reports, technical information, correspondence, research, invoices, continuity scripts and inventories).
8. Track elements moved to and from the lot via courier, prepare shipments of film and video through the GOLD element management system,
And communicate with vendors and couriers.
9. Research materials and elements in various databases including GOLD, Spidr, GPMS; update records and databases as needed.
10. Other miscellaneous duties as may be required.
Decision Making and Accountability:
As Administrative support for Senior Executive in Asset Management, candidate must demonstrate common sense, dependability, and discretion in communication with the public (external “cold” calls), vendors, and staff.
- Candidate should have 4-6 years of experience working in the film and video industry, with experience supporting a senior executive a plus.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, and the ability to follow through on tasks. Experience and a working knowledge of film, audio and video elements, and familiarity with media storage procedures, is desirable.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point are required.
- Written and oral communication skills are essential, including computer proficiency in standard programs, including Excel and Word.
- Education: minimum High School diploma. College level courses in film and video production, a degree in film or television production or experience in related industry role is highly desirable.
THIS EEO LANGUAGE IS REQUIRED ON ALL US JOB POSTINGS: *Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."