Sr Financial Analyst - TV Networks Finance
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR19-11755 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Television, Networks Finance Division, is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for its Culver City office. This position, reporting into the Financial Planning Manager, is accountable for all aspects of FP&A responsibilities for SPT Networks (Domestic) businesses including Game Show Network (multimedia leader with 75M subs in North America), U.S. cable networks (Sony Movies Channel, Cine Sony and getTV), and Digital Games for award-winning titles such as Wheel of Fortunes, Jeopardy!, and Who Wants to be a Millionaire.
We’re looking for an Excel-savvy SFA who can demonstrate strong financial modeling & analytical skills and has great attention to detail under competing deadlines. The person would strive in creating and reviewing financial analysis that merges monthly actuals with meaningful projections and presenting the report to management. The role will work hand-in-hand with the accounting team overseas and operations management as well as the home office finance consolidation team.
- Support in preparing monthly flash, annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and multi-year mid-range plans including but not limited to: setting up schedules, meeting with operations for updates, understanding business contracts, updating and reviewing forecast frequently with management, analyzing supporting data, and submitting forecasts to corporate including variance explanations.
- Work closely with onsite and offshore accounting and reporting teams to ensure accuracy and full understanding of the monthly actual financial and variance explanation
- Prepare and monitor monthly programming amortization and impairment analysis
- Prepare ad hoc financial analysis
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with operations and corporate management
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- 5+ years of finance or accounting experience with potential to transition into planning and forecasting. Big 4 experience is a plus.
- Intermedia to advance in MS Excel. Ability to work with high volume of data from multiple sources and workbooks. Exposure to MS PowerPoint and Word.
- SAP experience strongly preferred
- Proven performance in attention to details and know how to detect and avoid errors
- Strong sense of urgency when needed and efficiency in time-management
- Ability to bring projects to timely completion with minimal supervision
- Keep an open mind for process improvement and embracing changes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, teamwork environment
- Self-motivated and a “get it done” attitude and approach
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Strong communication skills especially with non-Finance individuals
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."