Sr. Graphics Programmer
Culver City | Req ID: JR22-10126
Tech/IT/InfoSec at Sony Pictures
Join us in a dynamic fast paced environment focused on delivering value by leveraging an agile framework. In support of our ever evolving film and television businesses, our IT teams leverage the latest technologies and focus on cloud adoption.
Be a part of a diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture that focuses on professional development, high performance and growth by leveraging structured programs that include OKRs (stretch for amazing) and modern development planning tools (e.g. competency model). Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- trusted partner
- innovative problem solver
- strategic thinker
- change agent
- effective communicator
- learner and developer
At Sony Innovation Studios, a division of Sony Pictures Entertainment, we develop future entertainment technologies, and we recently announced the establishment of the first LED virtual production stage on the Sony Pictures Studios lot in Culver City, CA. The new LED stage allows SIS to expand its technologies to virtual production with its award-winning Atom View volumetric rendering technology.
Sony Innovation Studios is looking for a talented Senior Graphics Programmer, who has a passion for the latest and greatest in real-time 3D rendering techniques, to develop innovative graphics. As a Senior Graphics Programmer, you will design and implement new state-of-the-art and existing render techniques, including real-time lighting, culling, raytracing, and more.
You will help drive and innovate future research into emerging graphics fields and rendering techniques. You will collaborate cross disciplines with artists, designers, and other engineers to deliver high quality graphics features and solutions.
- Graphics feature development (design, decision, implementation, test)
- Develop clean, efficient, and well tested code
- Debug, profile, and optimize CPU and GPU code
- Mentorship and guidance for junior engineers
- Research into future innovative graphics technologies
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years as a graphics engineer working with real-time 3D graphics
- Strong 3D math skills – linear algebra, vector/matrix math, quaternions, etc.
- Strong skills in modern C++ 14/17/20
- Strong graphics debugging and profiling skills
- Thorough understanding of current GPU architectures
- Good understanding of multi-threaded programming and optimization techniques
- Experience with modern graphics and compute APIs, like DirectX12 and Vulkan
- Experience with HLSL/GLSL or other equivalent shader languages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated and proactive self-starter, able to operate in a highly dynamic environment
- Passionate about computer graphics and low-level hardware
- Shipped at least 1 AAA game title
- Experience with asynchronous compute shaders
- Experience using modern real-time ray tracing APIs
- Understanding of VR and AR rendering technologies
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Sony Pictures is the powerhouse behind some of the world’s most beloved films and television. Peek behind the curtain and watch this video to see what it’s like to work with us.