Sr. Manager, Influencer Social Media Marketing, Funimation (LA or Dallas)
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR19-11647 Apply View Saved Jobs
Funimation is looking for an experienced strategic marketing leader to join the Audience Development team in the role of Sr. Influencer Marketing Manager. This role can be based either in our Culver City, CA or Flower Mound, TX office location. You'll be responsible for shaping our influencer marketing program by carrying out our fan-centric mission to deliver creator-first strategies that support the Funimation brand and our licensed franchises, and ensuring that our anime, cosplay, streamer/gamer, celebrity, athlete, and geek culture communities are engaged and thriving.
The Audience Development team at Funimation supports the company’s omni-channel businesses and is responsible for piloting emerging and innovative ideas through community management, social media governance, influencer marketing, and editorial and content marketing.
In this position, you'll build a more personal relationship with our fans while serving as a tireless advocate for content creators and influencers and simultaneously possessing the business acumen to meet business goals with exceptional programs and executions. You live and breathe anime, and the culture surrounding it.
- Develop and deploy global influencer marketing in partnership with key internal teams (Brand, Partnerships, PR, Experiential, Production), global partners, and Japanese licensors
- Work closely with marketing and affiliate teams to support the development of ambassador/creator/influencer strategies within channel plans as a creative and resonant way to drive scale, amplify a brand story, educate and inspire consumers, while improving social sentiment, recognition, and driving growth
- Concept and socialize groundbreaking strategies with global, multi-franchise impact
- Develop and maintain a consistent influencer marketing scorecard, bringing net new influencers and their audiences into the Funimation ecosystem, including continuously identifying new influencers/talent while deepening existing relationships and building brand loyalty
- Analyze and report on campaign performance and industry trends to drive continuous improvement, optimization, and innovation
- Manage relationships with top-tier content creators and their representation; own communication with networks, agencies, and vendors
- Build strong partnerships with services such as TikTok, Twitch, YouTube, and Mixer
- Source talent involvement for marketing content and events. Must be able to work up and scale down, able to assist in the entire campaign management process, from talent negotiation to briefing to campaign creation to content review to execution, across multiple platforms including YouTube, Instagram, blogs, podcasts, and more
- Develop and execute a framework for distribution of influencer content across paid, owned and earned outlets to yield sufficient levels of exposure to desired audiences, quality engagements, and footprint growth
- Work closely with the Community and Social to ensure activations are on target for both viewers and other creators
- Collaborate with Brand and Business Development to ensure all leveraged talent is on-brand and is brand safe
To measure success in this role, the work you produce will:
- Track, measure and analyze performance across all campaigns and make strategic optimizations to achieve and exceed brand and growth KPIs
- Contribute to the significant growth of Funimation’s owned digital/social footprint
- Increase traffic to Funimation.com and natural search index ranking
- Increase fan/customer sentiment and engagement/Content Response Score
- Grow streaming viewership and subscriptions
- Ensure all influencer marketing campaigns are delivered on-time, on-strategy, and on-budget
- Contribute to the growth and development of direct reports
- Foster a collaborative cross-functional culture
- B.A. Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, PR, Film/TV, or related field, preferred
- 6+ years’ experience leading (global) influencer marketing for a consumer/entertainment/gaming brand
- Deep knowledge of the anime landscape and a strong understanding of the influencer, creator, and gaming community landscape
- Strong command of the social media landscape across Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, Reddit, Twitter, and Twitch -- You can clearly articulate what content belongs on what channel and why
- Be an expert on the latest social media and influencer trends and tools, providing recommendations on new channels to test and develop new ways of partnering with influencers
- Demonstrate experience developing business cases and ROI analyses that secure additional marketing investment for influencer marketing activities
- Understand digital marketing and how influencer marketing fits
- Bonus if you're considered a social influencer too
- A passion for the anime, geek/pop culture lifestyle and fandom communities
- Strong sense of internet culture and trends in content and storytelling
- Dependability, follow-through, strong attention to detail, and the ability to handle extensive multi-tasking and meeting multiple deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to forge positive relationships
- Extremely well-organized and detail oriented
- Business acumen, and understanding of how to present yourself in business situations
- Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced, collaborative environment, is a flexible individual, creative thinker, and problem solver, accustomed to working in teams
- Ability to take and provide direction
Funimation, a subsidiary of Sony Pictures Television, is the global leader in the world of anime. A fully integrated, next-generation entertainment studio, the company’s fan-first philosophy is anchored in its omni-channel approach of its immersive offerings. From streaming and home entertainment to theatrical distribution and broadcast, Funimation’s commitment to character-driven storytelling, combined with tech innovation and key distribution partnerships, provides audiences with multiple and meaningful touch points to connect with this immersive world.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."