Sr. Manager, Internal Communication
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR19-11616 Apply View Saved Jobs
The Senior Manager, Internal Communication position supports worldwide communications efforts to connect Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) employees to the business, to our content and to important news across the studio. Working hand-in-hand with the SVP, Internal Communication, three key areas of focus for this role include:
1. Strategic execution and continuous improvement - Create, edit and publish communication, while proactively identifying and implementing improvements to creating communication, delivering them and tracking.
2. Business and functional partnership - Partner with internal clients to develop communication solutions for business challenges, making sure communication objectives are being met in a timely, consistent and accurate way across SPE. This role collaborates with senior business leaders, Human Resources, Finance, IT, Procurement and other groups.
3. Change-related communication – Work closely with clients to help effectively manage change with communication solutions and support.
- Develop internal communication plans, identify key messages and craft materials that effectively convey relevant and timely information to diverse audiences as part of a cohesive corporate communication program.
- Stay plugged in to Sony Pictures’ happenings and work closely with internal teams to keep employees updated and the editorial calendar evergreen. This includes monitoring mailboxes and proactively connecting with teams at SPE.
- Create and publish content to the company’s employee intranet and partner with teams managing social networking sites
- Provide communication support and execution, including proofreading and editorial counsel to the team and key clients, as needed.
- Provide direction and management for ongoing, regularly scheduled communications maintaining an editorial calendar in partnership with other teams/comms people ensuring that the content and presentation are consistent with key priorities.
- Help manage company distribution lists with Corp Comms, HR and IT to ensure accuracy and efficiency in reaching targeted audiences.
- Drive efforts to set SPE’s internal comms to a consistent rhythm; identify and prioritize ongoing communication opportunities – throughout the employee lifecycle.
- Develop communication metrics reports with analysis and insights, as needed, for SPE teams and for the broader Sony Corp team.
- The Senior Manager, Internal Communication will have at least 7 years of experience in a communications role, with a demonstrated success record in corporate or internal communications. He/she should also be:
- Strong writer - leader messages (unique tone and voice); challenging topics (candor & ability to unravel complexity)
- Experienced in supporting functional communications such as HR, finance, procurement IT and others – from “business as usual” topics to change-related areas include process and tool shifts
- Comfortable working in a publicly-traded, corporate environment
- Able to support senior leaders with confidence and effectiveness
- Adept at influencing – able to quickly build credibility and gain a seat at the table with key stakeholders and peers
- An excellent communicator in both verbal and written forms.
- Relationship-oriented – an energetic, resourceful individual who thrives in an action-/results-oriented, environment.
- Able to meet deadlines and establish clear priorities quickly – works effectively under pressure
- Skilled at utilizing a broad mix of communication methods, delivery mechanisms and channels
- Exercises discretion with sensitive material and topics
Bachelor’s degree required
7+ years of experience preferred
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."