Sr Mgr Talent Relations & Publicity
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR23-11146 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Television Studios (SPTS) is one of the industry’s leading content providers, producing programming worldwide across genres and platforms. As the largest independent TV studio in the industry, SPTS produces 50+ shows each year including THE BOYS, COBRA KAI, THE GOOD DOCTOR, OUTLANDER, and PLATONIC. SPTS is part of the larger Sony Pictures Television (SPT) division. SPT is a Sony Pictures Entertainment Company, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
This Sr Manager is responsible for creating and implementing global publicity campaigns that generate awareness about our series and the studio. You will identify and create publicity opportunities for content, talent and studio initiatives for domestic and international. You will shape studio messaging for talent interviews and appearances across the globe to build viewership across all platforms.
- Find, cultivate and craft the story of what is interesting and newsworthy
- Generate story ideas, pitch and secure press coverage for SPT programming/key studio initiatives and content on an ongoing and consistent basis
- Writing of newsworthy press releases, media alerts, press prep docs bios, talking points, and pitches
- Collaborate with network/platform partners to coordinate press coverage for series including set visits, interviews requests, press junkets, etc.
- Work with international/domestic partners (sales, marketing, distribution) to coordinate pre/post sales press, set visits, press junkets, interview requests for all launches
- Coordinate talent travel for domestic and global press tours
- Participate in all annual PR activities including; semi-annual Press Tours, press/virtual junkets, Comic-cons, International Junkets, LA Screenings, etc.
- Work closely with internal awards lead, programming team, casting, producers and other stakeholders to handle submissions for all awards on behalf of the series
- Accompany production crews on location, coordinate set visits and EPK & photo shoots
- Attend/coordinate press/studio events and coordinate logistics along with interviews for talent/eps with press
- Collaborate with Domestic & International Marketing teams on digital and social ideas
- Review and caption “positive” quotes from printed media for publicity quote document
- Research local market media ideas and potential grassroots opportunities
- Schedule talent appearances with talk shows, etc.
- Fact check story information for media writers and editors
- Attend producers' meetings, table reads and tapings
- Work with larger team to coordinate radio press tours, DPK productions, satellite press tours and prepare show clips for distribution
- Maintain relationships with Programming Executives
- Interact with Production crews, Producers and Production Executives
- Maintain relationships with Talent, Personal Publicists, Agents, Talent Managers and Talent
- Establish and build relationships with Press and Media Outlets, Writers and Editors
- Liaise with London office including regular conference calls with the UK based publicity department
- A minimum of 6+ years related work experience required in a similar role
- The candidate should possess excellent writing and communication skills, including ability to aggressively pitch SPT content
- This candidate will also work closely with different departments (including Programming, Marketing and Social) and different regions across the world, so teamwork is critical
- Candidate should have exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Occasional travel required
- Knowledge of television publicity and reporters who cover the television business is mandatory.
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent work experience.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”