Sr Product Manager, Mobile Games
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR19-11190 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sr Product Manager, Games
As a product visionary & leader this person will work closely with embedded Analysts, PMs, Game Designers, UI/UX Designers, and Live Ops Managers to create outstanding game experiences that optimize franchise retention and monetization metrics. The Senior PM will report and recommend across the games portfolio, interacting with all the partner studios and functional experts to drive business impact throughout new and existing titles. Specifically tasked with improving game performance and monetization for both IAP and Advertising, the role involves synthesizing insights from product analysis, industry competition, promoting features and best processes, driving adoption across the portfolio, and reporting back to the business.
A successful candidate has a passion for evidence-based product & business analysis and can quickly become a trusted partner in helping Games realize economies of scope/scale.
Key tasks include:
- Weekly tracking and reporting on key KPI (retention, monetization, LTV) and progress against budget across the portfolio of Sony Pictures games
- Analyze game features and systems such as live ops events, sales & offers, storefront design, tutorials, level progression, ad placements, and marketing strategies, and recommend for improvements
- Monitor performance of ad networks and the best Ad products to utilize, recommending how to maximize ad revenue while creating a positive user experience.
- Maintain a centralized library of data, analysis, and requirements, including managing the Executive Data Dashboard, as a resource for the team
- Synthesize insights from internal and external intelligence sources to establish actionable requirements for product implementation
- Operationalize insights by partnering closely with studios to capitalize on high-value growth opportunities
- Recommend and track A/B tests to maximize KPIs on individual games and across entire portfolio.
- Present quarterly plans to increase KPI for IAP and Ads with each product in the portfolio.
- Support the financial models for each product and overall portfolio, working with Finance on a monthly basis to assure proper reporting and tracking against budget targets
- 5+ years of experience managing or analyzing top grossing free-to-play mobile games
- Experience synthesizing quantitative product analysis with other sources of business insights
- Understands games Ad tech, including targeting, programmatic, mediation, rewarded video, SSP’s, DSP’s
- Self-starter who can work autonomously and take ownership
- Expert written and verbal communicator
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills; Tableau experience/ability to write queries for SQL preferred
- Can organize, clarify, and communicate complex ideas quickly, succinctly and accurately
- Familiarity with App Annie, Sensor Tower or similar analytics services
- MBA or Graduate Degree in Economics or Mathematics preferred
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."