Sr Program Manager, Funimation (Dallas/ Los Angeles)
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10156 Apply View Saved Jobs
Funimation, a Sony Pictures Television Networks Company, is the go-to destination for extraordinary anime. By combining its integrated in-house studios along with its technology and distribution partnerships, Funimation leads the industry with its omnichannel approach to offering anime to fans – from streaming and home entertainment to theatrical distribution and broadcast television. The company’s next generation streaming service provides subscribers with instant access to their favorite sub and dub shows in ad-free HD on the widest array of devices and platforms – from smartphones and tablets to TV’s and gaming consoles.
We are a dynamic and growing company seeking a talented and motivated Sr. Program Manager to join our team. This role could be in either LA (Culver City) or Dallas (Flower Mound). Sr. Program Manager is responsible for the coordinated planning, prioritization, management and execution of projects that are directed toward the achievement of the strategic plan and business/organizational objectives. The Program Manager provides assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing methods and procedures that are efficient, effective and meet good business practice. This individual maintains excellent communication with all levels of management both within and across organizations to ensure smooth running of all projects undertaken by the team. Has extensive experience in Project/Program Management and able to lead in the coaching and mentoring of team members to help them achieve individual expectations and deliverables.
The Sr. Program Manager is responsible for project management of enterprise projects, AGILE/LEAN methodology and instilling a culture of strong LEAN/project management principles throughout the organization.
The candidate will have a proven ability to influence for results and successfully work in an environment that fosters collaboration. The individual will need to be well versed in diplomatic skills as a large part of the role will require working with people from a diverse range of functions and with varying motivations and beliefs.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
- Responsible for developing, planning and executing strategic initiatives and other large scale technology projects
- Responsible for successful delivery of projects from conceptual stage through to launch including timelines, tasks, budget and reporting
- Oversee the day-to-day progress of project(s) and release initiatives with regard to schedule, budget, scope and quality
- Implement project management governance program, implementing best practices and defining standards as appropriate
- Building and leveraging effective alliances across technical and business community
- Serves as a key liaison with the rest of the functional groups and business facilitating planning, prioritization and collaboration between groups
- Change Agent - Responsible for successful agile adoption with focus on continuous improvement, inspect and adapt mindset across program
- Agile Coach - Helps guide / transform practices to align with lean thinking principles at both the team and program level
- Facilitating / leading Agile Ceremonies (standups, iteration & release planning, retrospectives)
- Build project management knowledge and capacity within the organization
- Works with minimal supervision and is responsible for applying advanced Agile project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables, processes, and systems in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations
- Assesses resource loads and makes appropriate individual assignments, manages and mentors the members of the PMO – driving organizational effectiveness and accountability
- Create appropriate and standardized documentation for projects including project charters, project plans, work breakdown estimates and related activities
- Harness the metrics coming from the team and product owner both to help the team improve its own throughput and also to inform executives about how the teams are conforming to value
- Effectively demonstrate ability to use an Enterprise Project Management tool to drive a consistent and accurate process for executing projects, delivering status, managing capacity, tracking projects-programs, and managing project budgets
The minimum qualifications & requirements for this position include:
- At least 5 years of work experience at a Program Manager role, preferably in a fast-paced technical consulting or software development environment
- At least 12 years of work experience at a Project Manager role, preferably in a fast-paced technical consulting or software development environment
- Strong interpersonal management skills, with a demonstrated ability to make effective decisions while working through complex personality, program, and business interest related issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with offshore development teams
- Experience leading cross-disciplinary, cross-functional projects to drive business process change affecting multiple business units
- Demonstrated success managing large projects and change management efforts, with the ability to define, communicate and implement the strategic direction of the business
- Demonstrated leadership, management & analytical skills required, project-based management experience highly desirable
- Must be self-motivating, self-sufficient and have the strong ability to work effectively as an individual or as part of a team.
- Proven ability to work and communicate effectively under tight deadlines, in high-pressure situations and in a team-oriented environment to work well under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change with a strong awareness of cultural diversity
- Process oriented, good at identifying and implementing best practices, and very organized
- Strong people management skills, including motivation, delegation, coaching and conflict management capabilities
- Experience in developing and implementing portfolio management, including governance, reporting and metrics
- Strong financial acumen, with an ability to understand key metrics and their relation to business drivers
- Project budgeting skills
- Agile experience and Project Management Institute certification (PMP) preferred
- Scrum Master Certification preferred
- Strong leader capable of motivating and energizing the very best quality engineers, as well as gaining their respect
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Visio, MS Project and other related tools
- Experience working with an Enterprise PPM tool
- Expertise in Agile Management tools such as Rally, Version One, Jira or similar
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."