Sr. Program Manager - Funimation
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10515 Apply View Saved Jobs
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for millions of people around the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader, serving a passionate fan community whenever and wherever they want it. We deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films, events, retail, merchandise—and of course, the Funimation subscription app—available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed—with top talent from across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming and entertainment. With over 400 employees in six countries, Funimation is rapidly expanding.
Funimation is a joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan’s Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc. To learn more about Funimation, visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
As Sr. Program Manager, you are responsible for one or more cross-functional initiatives. You are extremely detail oriented, obsessing over all facets of your program; both large and small. You are, and are viewed by others, as the subject matter expert for all initiatives you manage. The ideal candidate has experience running software delivery projects, particularly with a focus on back-end services.
- Managing one or more cross-functional initiatives
- Running program reviews and effectively communicating regular updates to all stakeholders on all the initiatives you manage
- Partnering with internal and external stakeholders to ensure their needs for the program are met
- Tracking key program milestones, risks and comprehensive project plans
- As Scrum Master, you schedule agile ceremonies for one or more teams, including, but not limited to: daily standups, planning, grooming, demos and retrospectives Territories
- 7+ years experience as a project or program manager managing software delivery projects
- BS degree or equivalent experience required, MS degree preferred; technical discipline a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with both agile and waterfall methodologies, and knowing when to apply each, preferred
- Experience with tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet and Google Suite, a plus
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous company match, ongoing employee development.
Funimation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."