Sr. Software Engineer (Mobile Apps), Funimation (Dallas or Los Angeles)
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10165 Apply View Saved Jobs
This role could be in either LA (Culver City) or Dallas (Flower Mound).
Funimation, a Sony Pictures Television Networks Company, is the go-to destination for extraordinary anime. By combining its integrated in-house studios along with its technology and distribution partnerships, Funimation leads the industry with its omnichannel approach to offering anime to fans – from streaming and home entertainment to theatrical distribution and broadcast television. The company’s next generation streaming service provides subscribers with instant access to their favorite sub and dub shows in ad-free HD on the widest array of devices and platforms – from smartphones and tablets to TV’s and gaming consoles.
Funimation is looking for Sr. Software Engineer Mobile to join our growing Engineering and technology team.
- Develop complex, consumer-facing applications for the Apple and Android platforms
- Work closely with front end product managers, delivery managers, solutions architects and other front end and back end software developers
- Maintain development team competitiveness in the device applications field by staying current on techniques, tools, and ecosystem, especially as it relates to iOS & Android
- Review existing iOS and Android device client codebases and improve or make recommendations for improving them
- Serve as the go to Mobile application technical resource for IOS and Android
- Stay current on the latest mobile app technologies.
- Collaborate and lead other vendor/off-shore app development team ensuring all efforts are adhere to industry standard and internally defined best practices
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, or five years of applicable experience, especially with Video, high-volume platform/software environments and platform development in a media/entertainment-related role
- Minimum 4years of iOS/Android development Experience
- Carthage, CocoaPods, build experience
- Media playback with AVPlayerViewController experience
- Swift, Objective C, C++ where needed, frameworks experience
- Rest API consumption using Json experience
- Familiarity with background threading and best practices
- Knowledge of crashlytics integration and review
- Familiarity and working experience with agile development methodologies
- Audio/video streaming experience; e.g. AVPlayer
- Familiarity with Push using UserNotifications
- Familiarity with Git branching and source code control
- Familiarity with Concurrency management with NSOperationQueue
- Familiarity with Device location services with CLLocationManager
- Familiarity with WKWebView/UIWebView to show HTML/JS frameworks
- Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently or in a full team
- Demonstrated ability to document code as needed
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."