Sr. Specialist, Operations
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR23-11183 Apply View Saved Jobs
The Sr. Specialist, Operations will work closely under Sony Innovation Studios (SIS) Operations team to establish and maintain the smooth and efficient operation of SIS' new R&D technology facility. The Sr. Specialist will need to build processes and procedures, provide administrative and logistical support for the group to ensure that all communication processes, internal databases, and schedules are maintained.
Must have a unique blend of business, and technical savviness; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. This role involves close collaboration with many different professionals at all levels within departments and entities across Sony.
The duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Work in a cross-functional role between Japan and US offices and collaborate on projects involving different Sony entities.
- Participate in the organizational planning and activities related to SIS’ new R&D technology facility.
- Handle all logistical and administrative setup of SIS’ new R&D technology facility including assisting with the implementation of new processes and procedures.
- Manage day-to-day operations of SIS’ new R&D technology facility.
- Act as the main liaison with external stakeholders for projects involving SIS’ new R&D technology facility.
- Manage and track budgets and contracts for R&D projects within SIS.
- Support various Sony R&D groups in planning, scheduling, and executing activities for demos for maximum performance of projects.
- Organize and maintain the SIS R&D technology facility group calendar updated.
- Coordinate, organize, and attend client meetings/conference calls when appropriate to better understand the scope of projects and potential projects.
- Tracking and reporting on operational performance.
- Set up vendors' accounts, ordering and tracking orders of office supplies, hardware, and software for various Sony R&D groups, and making sure they are paid and delivered on time.
- Manage hardware and software inventory on the ShowMGR system for various Sony R&D groups.
- Coordinate software renewal and regular maintenance/replacement of equipment.
- Procurement Card monthly reallocation.
- File and organize physical and online records of contracts, invoices, and other important documentation.
- Set up the atmosphere/ambiance for the week, making sure the facility is fully stocked with office and pantry supplies.
- Schedule necessary facility maintenance and repairs.
- Manage logistics for incoming and outgoing correspondence, including mail and packages
Education, Years of Experience, Specialized Knowledge or Skills Required:
- Must be fluent in Japanese.
- Prior experience in an administrative role, and working in a technology, creative, and office environment.
- Experience working in a cross-functional role between Japan and the US.
- Dependability, discretion, and attention to detail are required.
- Highly organized, result-oriented with multi-tasking skills.
- Able to work independently and set appropriate priorities to ensure all assignments are completed in a timely fashion.
- Resourceful with excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills in English and Japanese.
- Ability to build trust and productive relationships.
- Self-starter with the ability to take on, manage, and see projects through from inception through delivery.
- Ability to establish new work processes and methods with a creative approach to problem-solving.
- Time management and client relations skills.
- Must be flexible and adaptable and have the ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment where needs and priorities are subject to changes and revisions.
- Basic knowledge of ShowMGR inventory system.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Mac/PC operating systems, Microsoft Office applications, Old Ariba, AOD, AGB, Fiori, Service Now, and project management software such as Monday, Confluence and Jira.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”