• Strategic Sourcing – Sourcing Specialist, Technology
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10022 Apply View Saved Jobs
The Sourcing Specialist initiates and supports strategic procurement activities, outsourcing opportunities, and contract negotiations to reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and improve profit for Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. (SPE). The Sourcing Specialist will work primarily with SPE’s IT and other Technology-related functions to procure products and services across all SPE business units both domestic and international. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in strategic sourcing and procurement of Technology products and services and a track record of working successfully with senior management, legal and financial representatives of SPE to deliver measurable savings and results.
oSupport and implement medium to large sourcing strategies in various technology product (e.g. desktop, laptop, server, storage, network and telecommunication), service (e.g. application development and maintenance, help desk, etc), and cloud-solution (e.g. Software-as-a -Service and Infrastructure-as-a-Service) categories to reduce TCO, cycle time and improve quality.
- Market Research: Proactively monitor and understand the market and identify opportunities resulting from new product offerings and/or market shifts (e.g., exit or entry of suppliers, changes in pricing, etc.).
- Project Management: Initiate and support medium to large strategic sourcing projects across multiple business units across SPE or Sony. Manage medium to large projects and support TCO reduction – from development of opportunity and planning to delivering results within timeline
- Analysis, RFP, RFQ, RFI: Develop and manage Requests for Proposals, Quotes, and Information including the collection of requirements, management of bidder communications, and analyze bid responses.
- Negotiation: Negotiate and draft enterprise wide agreements that minimize financial and business risk exposure and provide optimal terms and conditions, with guidance from managers. Understand and negotiate business specific legal terms and conditions and explain them to clients in an easy to understand manner.
- Baseline and Savings Measurement: Quantify the baseline value of goods and services being sourced, the value of negotiations, and the final change in total cost of ownership.
- Tangible Results: Support the team with savings goals/targets from planning/inception through realization of benefits.
oSupport internal relationships with clients and stakeholders throughout SPE’s various business units and coordinate sourcing strategies, opportunities and requirements with other Sony entities (Electronics, Music, Playstation, etc.).
- Proactively meet with internal clients and develop client relationships.
- Provide procurement support to internal clients (of all levels of experience and title) on supplier contracts.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders such as Legal, and Risk Management
oSupport the management of external supplier relationships and agreements in areas including:
- Support the development and management of the supplier base with input from internal clients.
- Support the management of ongoing outsourcing contracts including involvement in client status meetings and contract performance measurement.
- Assist in monitoring the performance of suppliers and serve as a resource to resolve issues and problems.
- Assist in maintaining active knowledge of market rates and spend for commodities and benchmark best practice capabilities against other firms.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 2-4 years of corporate procurement/ purchasing/ sourcing or similar experience.
- Candidate must have sourcing skills including but not limited to: identifying sourcing opportunities, performing spend analysis, assisting in development of sourcing strategy, project management, development of RFX documents, negotiation, contract management, supplier benchmarking, contract compliance, purchase order development, resolution of payment issues, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience in IT sourcing is preferred.
- Experience in negotiating both domestic and international IT agreements is preferred.
- Demonstrated track record for delivering significant and measurable savings in a large, complex and fast-moving organization
- Internal or external business consulting experience highly desired
- Experience in Media and Entertainment, or Technology-based Industries
- Experience with Ariba and SAP preferred
oSkills: The candidate must be a self-starter who is able to work independently and pro-actively identify potential areas for sourcing and have demonstrated:
- high personal integrity and ethics
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
- ability to effectively interface with senior-level client relationships
- strong MS Office Suite skills required (including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Project and Visio)
- ability to negotiate strong pricing, business and legal terms and draft them into contracts with minimal legal support.
- ability to logically manage issues and conflicts with suppliers
- ability to assist with make versus buy outsourcing analyses and develop total cost of ownership models
- ability to influence others and to act as a change agent within their department and company
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Finance or Business required
- CPM/CPSM or other similar certification preferred
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."