Vice President, Digital - Funimation
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10674 Apply View Saved Jobs
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for tens of millions of people around
the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader,
serving a passionate fan community whenever, and wherever they want it. We
deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films,
events, retail, merchandise and, of course, the Funimation subscription apps,
which are available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is
high-energy and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed, with top talent from
across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming and entertainment. With over 400 employees in 6 countries, Funimation is rapidly expanding.
Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan’s Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc. To learn more about Funimation, visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and
This position oversees paid media, SEO, CRM marketing on email/push channels and marketing analytics for all lines of business. This role will drive growth for Funimations’ high-growth SVOD/AVOD business and work in close collaboration with business owners for Funimation’s omni-channel businesses (theatrical, home entertainment, eCommerce, etc.) to establish efficiencies and achieve/surpass revenue targets. He/she will serve as a thought leader in the company and set out best practices and performance standards for all marketing growth initiatives as well as stay current on the mobile acquisition, offline and OTT growth landscapes, growth trends, best practices, and competitor strategies to serve as subject matter expert on these topics.
- Lead development of ambitious, data-driven strategy for global paid and organic user growth, in partnership with Distribution, Product and other teams
- Manage a global team of 15-25 growth and performance marketers across several regions
- Develop paid media strategies to hit highest return on all individual LOB budgets
- Manage the profitable investment of a 8-figure media budget to hit KPI targets and user and revenue growth
- Hit ROAS and CPA goals for all business across all digital and offline channels
- Execute rigorous rapid response testing plans and socialize results
- Maintain appropriate level of reporting and dashboards for key decision making
- Oversee efficacy of tracking across all LOBs
SEO & Funnel Optimization:
- Developing and implementing effective search engine optimization (SEO) strategies
- Coordinating with content, design, social media and other teams to maximize benefit
- Managing offsite and onsite optimization projects and reporting on performance
Lifecycle/CRM marketing on email/push
- Develop CRM strategies that are contextual to different lifecycle moments as well as key brand moments; identify which moments require triggers and automation-based program and advocate for creation with product and customer service teams
- Manage email and push notification calendar ensuring all lines of businesses to hit individual performance goals
- Serve as primary stakeholder overseeing salesforce development roadmap and DMP optimization
- Oversee robust A/B testing pipeline and create necessary marketing automation roadmap to hit goals
- Implement CRM best practices across these owned channels
- Serve as primary point of contact for managing SEO agencies (or bring in-house)
- Day to day and weekly reporting of all marketing programs that lead to optimization
- Serve as primary point of contact for leading/managing Social Media analytics
- Utilize data insights to develop new growth strategies and initiatives
- Primary stakeholder to the team developing internal performance marketing platform tools and processes
- Determine support needed for scaling marketing functions (internal vs. external)
- 10+ years of experience in Growth and Performance Marketing with at least 3 years of experience at a Streaming Entertainment company
- Experience leading a Growth function and cross-functional Growth initiatives.
- Strategic thought-leader and problem-solver, able to see the big picture and propose innovative solutions to complex Growth and Marketing challenges.
- Deep expertise with CAC analysis, ROI and LTV modeling, partner contractual marketing, creative testing and iteration, full funnel growth optimization.
- Insight-driven storyteller, able to confidently and concisely articulate market insights, growth goals, and progress against those goals, calling on key data and analyses to illustrate and evidence that narrative.
- Strong negotiator, able to secure preferential deal terms with platform partners and extract maximum value from consultant and agency partners.
- Master planner, able to translate strategic goals into year-round tactical plans.
- Detail and deadline-oriented. Able to work efficiently and react quickly to change.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."