Virtual Production Engineer, Sony Innovation Studios
Culver City | Req ID: JR21-10786
Tech/IT/InfoSec at Sony Pictures
Join us in a dynamic fast paced environment focused on delivering value by leveraging an agile framework. In support of our ever evolving film and television businesses, our IT teams leverage the latest technologies and focus on cloud adoption.
Be a part of a diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture that focuses on professional development, high performance and growth by leveraging structured programs that include OKRs (stretch for amazing) and modern development planning tools (e.g. competency model). Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- trusted partner
- problem solver
- strategic thinker
- change agent
- effective communicator
Virtual Production Engineer
Sony Innovation Studios are looking for a highly motivated Virtual Production Engineer to join our diverse and talented team located right in the middle of the historic and vibrant Sony Pictures Entertainment studio lot. If you dream of creating the next-generation movie making solutions this is the role for you!
As the Virtual Production Engineer you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining innovative software and tools for use in virtual productions, and for the operational stability of the complete on-set virtual production workflow. During shoots you will be in the focus on stage as the primary stage workflow operator. You will be working closely with the Engineering team, creatives, and productions to facilitate the delivery of real-time photorealistic virtual production scenes.
What You’ll Do
• Design, develop, and maintain innovative software solutions based on latest virtual production technologies required to shoot real-time photorealistic virtual production scenes.
• Work with, and integrate, complex hardware, video, and software solutions for virtual production, such as camera tracking.
• Divide the time between software development and day-to-day production support and stage workflow management.
• Oversee the overall stage operation stability and workflow operation.
• Work with the engineering team to develop proprietary software systems and solutions.
• Troubleshoot on-set technical issues.
• Communicate effectively with supervisors and other virtual production team members.
What We’re Looking For
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
• Previous experience in VFX or related production technologies
• Advanced knowledge of real-time software systems and workflows, such as Unreal Engine
• Familiarity with OpenColorIO and ACES color pipelines
• Good understanding of C++, C# and similar programming languages
• Working knowledge of source control systems such as Git
• Highly organized, detail oriented, and ability to multi-task
• Ability to troubleshoot under pressure
• Self-starter with strong communication skills• On-set experience.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Sony Pictures is the powerhouse behind some of the world’s most beloved films and television. Peek behind the curtain and watch this video to see what it’s like to work with us.