VP, Data Solutions Product Strategy & Management
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR23-11093 Apply View Saved Jobs
SPE's Datasolutions team is seeking an experienced Product Management leader who has successfully shaped the product portfolio of advanced data and analytics solutions across large and highly matrixed global organizations.This leader will have deep knowledge of how to commercialize and drive adoption of advanced analytics, data-science fueled models and data access / enrichment capabilities as self-service and scaled products.They will have a proven track record and the leadership strength to institute best practice decisioning frameworks and operating processes that help us develop and maintain roadmaps to guide our scaled product investments and delivery commitments for the Sony Pictures Entertainment businesses.
Oversight of our product strategy including orchestration of bespoke app builds, white label capabilities and interfaces that bring various analytics and data capabilities together under optimum UX.
- Lead as the technical filter on what to scale as a bespoke tool and the optimum path to get there, instituting best practice decisioning frameworks to evaluate and rationalize investment. At the very least they will create a process that takes into consideration new tech, market trends, competitive landscape, business impact and customer feedback.
Product portfolio vision & lifecycle management – rationalization oversight on bespoke solution (internal & external), lifespan and optimization strategies across portfolio (e.g. merging products, sunsetting, expanding, shifting to outsource versus maintain, etc.).
- Institute best practice measurements & reporting to determine value and lifecycle optimization of existing tools & products, with an eye to always reducing cost and optimizing value across our portfolio.
- Inform planning with periodic competitive and customer group benchmarking to ensure our portfolio remains both distinct and differentiated internally as well as externally. Brings rigor around aligning portfolio strategy & roadmap to business strategy
Roadmap planning & prioritization - Specifically creates and maintains a comprehensive product roadmap that balances customer needs, business goals, and tech / data advancements. Collaborating across teams to prioritize and balance ST & LT commitments, as well as execute initiatives effectively.
- Via our Business Partnerships team work across SPE teams to co-develop roadmaps where capability and data integrations are required
- Work with partner technical and data teams (internal & external) to map their dependencies and accountabilities into the roadmap.
- Via Tech PMO to maintain and evolve Roadmap based on throughput of Solutioning & business need pipeline evolution
- Accountable for ensuring living roadmaps are published to guide internal (Datasolutions prioritization and progress tracking) and external progress (commitments to broader stakeholder groups)
Scaled solution & productization program management - Working with BP to translate complex solutions into technical requirements for Solutioning.
- Via Tech PMO support prioritization decisions & cross-team collaboration against common solution (glue across distinct tech teams)
Institute best practice norms for designing and scaling solutions to maximize our outputs and elevate standards:
- Level-up our team’s processes and knowledge to improve our efficiency and impact (e.g., requirement definition, collaborative design & agile methodology, etc.).
- Support as an internal thought leader on skills, processes and ways of working that enable us to innovate, scale and operationalize faster and across a wider range of stakeholders.
- Build a small, but powerful, team of product management subject matter experts that can elevate the DataSolutions team’s efforts.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and support to team members, fostering their development. Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration and customer satisfaction and product excellence.
10+ years of product management and/or advanced analytics experience where analytics and data solutions have been productized at scale for self-service use by clients or business teams. Preferably in the media & entertainment space.
5+ years of direct experience building data-science powered and insight products in or for scaled, global, enterprises.Either via an agency or consulting role or directly for a brand.
Bachelors degree in related field; preferably Masters
Expert level knowledge of advanced analytics and data science models (ML & AI powered forecasting), with a proven ability to show they have a pulse on the emerging trends in this area.
Track record for launching new product and services – from product design to serving customers – within a large company environment but working at a start-up pace.
Experience with CX and UX design – including developing web apps as well as shipping apps to mobile platforms. Preferably a demonstrated ability to translate complex analytical outputs into easy to interpret and apply experiences and designs.
Experience in rapid deployment and experimentation: metrics, analytics, A/B testing and market research.
A systems thinker, capable of identifying issues, understanding linkages and brainstorming revolutionary solutions.
Strong communicator, able to articulate your point of view, engage in fact-based discourse, collaborate, compromise, and bridge gaps.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”